“This is the one!”
Review of Fat Clemenza's

Fat Clemenza's
Ranked #15 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Little Rock, Arkansas
“This is the one!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

What do you want in an Italian restaurant?
Warm, cozy atmosphere?
Excellent red and white sauces?
Homemade pasta?
Good wines, bread, olive oil to set your appetite?
All the Italian basic dishes plus specials?
To me, this restaurant has it all..!!
Would strongly suggest you give it a try.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank jackb706

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“No Longer Impressed”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I usually look forward to eating here. Ate here many times over years past. One of my top places to eat in Destin. Unfortunately, after my last visit, I will definitely not be going back.

First off, I usually give 5 stars if a place makes a good effort, even if nowhere near perfect (see my other reviews of other places). I always err on the side of giving the benefit of the doubt. However, I cannot countenance spending about 50% more money than what a bland chain Italian restaurant would charge me.....and NO BREAD BEING AVAILABLE before, during or after dinner. This is an Italian restaurant, correct? Usually you get bread here when you sit down. I did not so I asked after 10 minutes. Waited for about 15 more minutes....then the server came and gave some excuse and was apologetic, and that they had none. Again, the food is not that cheap. Bread is about the only thing included with meals. Everything else is a la carte. If this is their way of saving a few bucks, so be it.

Tried to order the spinach earlier, but they were out of that too.

Sadly it looks like other recent reviews are correct: this place is slipping and is not currently worthy of the high accolades (including my own) that they were given in the past.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Wolverine2014
Princeton NJ
“Solidly Mediocre”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Went with hubby and two boys for dinner. Atmosphere was fine. Service was good. We ordered 2 different pizzas. They both were just ok. The sauce reminded me of spaghetti-o sauce. One of my boys got a chicken parmesan. It was ok - nothing special. We are from the New York area and have our fair share of pizza, including brick oven, so that is our frame of reference. Overall, Fat Clemenza's was neither great nor terrible. It just was.

1 Thank Pton98
Omaha, Nebraska
“AWESOME”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We definitely love to eat here. Always, always make it a priority to get a reservation and enjoy the food. The mixed plate appetizer was a new try for us this time and we will get it again. Had a great variety and very generous. Of course always the pizza was good and we always end up with one at the table. Other options, especially the specials have not disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank ldmsgirl
Destin, Florida
“Poor Service and Marginal Food”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We ate here based on the reviews this restaurant had received and its "Best of the Emerald Coast" status. The service was quite poor and we had to send our meals back twice. I am not sure if this was because of the language barrier or mere inattentiveness, although I suspect it was a bit of both. The waitress never wrote down our order. The pizza was not unsatisfactory, but the price was not commensurate with its marginal quality even though it was cooked in an "authentic" Italian wood fired oven. While the pizza was a step above Domino's, it was not on par with other restaurants in the area. If you are in search of good pizza here in the Destin area, La Familigia, Helen Back, and The Pickle Factory are much better and more reasonably priced alternatives and the service has been excellent at all of them. Do not waste your time here.

• Visited November 2013