“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Loved our two nights in Candlewood Suites. Everything we needed -- plus quiet, clean, very comfortable bed. I booked this hotel based on reviews and price -- and it exceeded our expectations. Really happy we selected it. Staff was friendly and very helpful. We will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank GeorgianaJohnson
Keith M, Manager at Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Wow! What a nice compliment! We work so hard to make your stay at our hotel the best it can be, and to hear that we "exceeded your expectations" is such great news! We have such a beautiful property and the best staff we could ask for. Each one of our team members strive on a daily basis to go above and beyond to make every one of our guests feel like family while you are here. It's nice after a long day enjoying our piece of paradise to come back to your suite and relax in our "comfy" beds! We get so many compliments on our beds that we have a card in your suite with information on how to order them for your home! We are sorry you were only able to stay for 2 nights, but please come back when you have more time to enjoy all of the wonderful shopping and dining in the area, not to mention soaking up some sun on our beaches!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this hotel for 2 nights based on other reviews. The front desk was very friendly, although he did make a mistake and put a larger hold on my card than was needed, but as I wasn't feeling too strapped for cash it didn't concern me too much at the time. (He had told me that if he didn't run the charge upon check in that I would have a double rate charge on my card for 14 days) The room was spacious, and seemed clean enough at first glance, although some wear and tear was evident. It wasn't until my teen flipped the duvet over his legs that we realized how disgusting the underneath of the duvets were - honestly don't want to write what we thought was smeared on them. Upon closer inspection we found trash that had not been cleaned off the floor between the bed and the window, We discarded the duvets in corner of room and I spent an hour wiping everything down with antibacterial wipes. We were pretty comfortable after that. I even extended an extra night when business dictated that we stay in town longer than originally intended (another charge on the card even though they were already holding more than the room rate). Be aware that the showers are VERY slippy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. You are a valued guest of ours and we apologize that your stay wasn't the best. We are changing our policies on our debit cards to prevent those unnecessary holds. We know it is an inconvenience while you are on a business trip and hope that it was resolved in a timely manner for you. I have spoken with our housekeeping staff about how we can prevent an oversight in the future as far as the cleanliness of our duvets go. We certainly would like to know as soon as you experience a problem so that we can make it right. You should never have to do any cleaning once you get to the room and truly apologize that you were not happy. Thank you for extending your stay with us and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the type of stay that we are known for. At Candlewood, we value your opinions and thank you for letting us know how we can improve.
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. I liked the room set up. Recliner and computer desk provided and comfortable bed. Full kitchen with all necessary basic cooking equipment, toaster, even wine glasses. Breakfast not provided but this is clearly noted when reserving. On site convenience market or grocery stores are nearby. Located on the main highway but the room was very quiet. East of main downtown but easy to get to everything. Charlie at front desk and others were so helpful with local recommendations. They also helped us with a fax - no problem. Would definitely choose this location again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was on a business trip and the other hotel was twice the money, so decided to look for another. Checked this out on TripAdvisor and everything was so true. The room was spotless, the exterior was also clean, the pool was maintained daily - I was outside because I smoke. I have no complaints. My room smelled clean also. Everyone at the front desk helpful, but Charlie was willing to put up with all my incessant questions. Outlet mall less than a mile down 98, if that is your thing. Great experience, would definitely go back if in Destin area.

Room Tip: No restaurant, but they do have a cupboard, no room service except weekly, but if you need clean tow...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JMHCCHRockin
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I origionally came here with my husbands job. It is so nice here... the people are charming and so willing to share there knowledge with you.. I may not have a pet but I do appreciate they are a pet friendly hotel. This place is comforting and NEVER once worried about my safety.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I along with some friends booked this Hotel on Hotwire. They never told us it was a Dog Friendly Hotel. And that means EVERY ROOM! If you have allergies this is not the place for you. I love dogs but you need to let people know this up front. The rooms smelled like dog, the furniture was tattered and when we checked in during the evening the clerk had no idea about the area nor could he have cared less. The rooms to be fair were clean despite the smell. I do not smoke, but found it ironic that the Hotel although smelled like dog, would Cigarette smoke make a big difference, really?

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank RalphAndradez
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Didn't know what to expect staying at a Candlewood Suites for the first time, as I usually stay at Marriott properties. This hotel was clean and I could tell the property is well maintained. The bed and pillows were extremely comfy as another reviewer suggested. Staff was very friendly and offered up suggestions of nearby places to eat (Plenty of options to choose from). Couldn't ask for anything more with my stay here. Would definitely stay again next time I am in the Destin area.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank j_kirk3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
SummerPlace Inn
#12 of 39 in Destin
4.0 of 5 stars 369 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Destin

Been to Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin? Share your experiences!