All reviews sago spring break hot tub was nice shuttle service recommend this resort big pool across the street labor day weekend family vacation two bedroom condo great pool henderson state park short drive trundle beach bayou kiddos
Reviewed May 2, 2016

To start, let me list the pros: (1) our stay was only two nights, and (2) we didn’t die.

The room itself is also not bad; however, the AC is not capable of cooling below 71 if there is movement in the room. (This is what was pretty much explained to us).

As for the rest…When it comes to this “resort” there is very little, if anything, that makes the stay here worthwhile. If you are looking to stay at some place, and pay them money to be Molly The Maid, then this is where you should go. You are responsible for washing your own towels (if you require more clean ones), taking out your own trash, washing the dishes and the like. They will also kindly throw in a rise in your blood pressure, a healthy dose of stress and aggravation, as well as a wish you’d brought a tent or booked at Motel6.

Every time we requested anything, such as ice, extra towels, or even the final bill, all we heard was “We don’t do that”. At every turn, the customer service was below a 0, with the exception of the security guard and the maintenance gentlemen. I would also like to point out that the security guard moonlights as the front desk /guest services team of 1 that is responsible for the “resort” when the front desk “closes”. Again, he is extremely nice and helpful, so if anything, he should be running that front desk himself.

The woman posted on at the front desk clearly has not been given a job description, and therefore, is confused on what she is supposed to be doing, and how she is supposed to be treating guests who pay to stay there. From not understanding how we were supposed to be billed, to not answering the phone for the 5 times over 2 days we tried to call, to simply being very rude, hospitality industry is clearly not her calling.

Do yourself a favor and don’t stay at this place. If everything else in Destin is booked by some freak accident, then I’d suggest sleeping in your car. At least, you know who’s been there.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank VacationBunnyV
Reannad123, Public Relations Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2016

Thank you for taking time and advising us of the issues you experienced during your stay with us at The Palms of Destin. We strive for each guest to have a stellar experience during their visit; we are disheartened to hear that yours was less than acceptable.
Our condo style units offer a full kitchen and laundry amenities so we do not offer full time housekeeping services. We provide an industry standard amount of towels per room (8 towels for a junior suite and 10 for our larger units), we apologize that this was not an adequate amount for the duration for your stay.
We take your customer service experience seriously and will address the occurrence with the parities concerned.
We encourage our guests to book through our onsite property management company, Visionary Destin, to ensure that some of these issues may be alleviated. We hold ourselves to the highest of standards and apologize that your stay did not meet or exceed your expectations.
We hope to see you again as a guest and want to thank you for the review.
With kindest and sincerest regards- The Palms of Destin

Reviewed April 24, 2016

The Palms of Destin recently hosted a luncheon/fashion show for 200 guests in our organization. Can't say enough about the event planner, Lexi, and her staff. They did a fantastic job! The ballroom was beautiful and the food and service beyond compare. Every detail was arranged for us; the event went as smooth as glass. If you are planning a large group event, this is the place! An added feature..parking is no problem with the parking garage Thanks, Lexi, for making our event a big success!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank _digger2424
Reviewed April 9, 2016

We booked through RealJoy Vacations, our friends booked through HomeAway. You can also book through the resort directly, but check out which is the best deal. Our friends booked a three bedroom (jr. suite) which was on the 5th floor of the East Tower. They had two bedrooms which were large, a smaller bedroom with a nice window and bunkbeds and two full baths. We booked a smaller unit on the 3rd floor of the West Tower. We had a huge master suite with private bath, a large living room with pull out couch and a smaller bedroom with a bath. This smaller bedroom really was small - no window and more like a large closet with a bed and pull out trundle bed beneath. My teenagers had no problem with this room, but if you have tall teenagers, it might be cramped. We loved our accommodations. The living area was much larger than in the photos and the kitchen was very nice. There were plenty of pots, pans, silverware. There were, however, no extras besides a few trash bags, a small dish soap and two starter soaps for the dishwasher. This was fine, but just so you know - you need to buy extra toilet paper, paper towels, salt & pepper, sugar etc. There was also a washer/dryer combo which we used a lot. The grounds were very nice. We found the main pool gorgeous but quite cold, as it was early April and the pool is unheated. There is a smaller heated pool and a hot tub. We went to the hot tub one night and it was a real mix - a dad with two younger sons and a bunch of college kids drinking beer and smoking. Our kids still went in the hot tub - it is large and there wasn't a problem, I just wouldn't send your kids down there alone at night. The pool area in general at night is not very well lit. We also had a pleasant check in, but after that I never noticed many staff people around - although we mostly went from the car to our condo. I would recommend the WEST Tower over the East Tower just for sake of convenience. The East Tower is off to the side and there is no close parking. Every time you have to go through the hotel lobby, out some doors and then walk a few steps to the building. It is not so convenient if you are lugging groceries or luggage (I think there were some luggage carts, but obviously not enough for the whole complex). If you live in the West Tower, you can pull right up to the door, drop off your stuff and then go park the car. The location of Palms of Destin is wonderful. There is a back road that runs behind the complex which takes you off the main strip and leads to Walmart, Fresh Market, Publix, shopping, restaurants and the road which takes you directly to Henderson Beach State Park ($6.00 per day or $25.00 for 12 visits/punch card good for one year). Google Earth the location and save yourself the stress of driving on the main strip! We did arrive when there were a bunch of LSU students in town for a dance at the resort, but I must say, we did not hear a thing in the halls or outside, so someone must have been keeping an eye on things. In the evenings I would occasionally hear a bit of noise maybe by the pool area, but by 10 or 11 it was totally quiet. I would stay here again because the accommodations were really good, the location is great and the grounds are nice.

Room tip: If you can, rent in the West Tower - just easier to access.
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed April 4, 2016

We decided to take a long weekend trip to Destin for our families Spring Break. I realized it would be crowded but was quickly disheartened to see how few rooms I could find to suit our family of 5 (kids ages 14, 9, and 3) can be a challenge in an average sized hotel room. I booked through iTrip for the first time after falling in love with The Palms pool and rooms loaded with a stocked kitchen, extra living space and location. We arrived a bit early for check in but my kids had enough driving and we had entertained as long as possible on the beach, They were hungry and tired. We pulled in and I went to check in, the front desk attendant was very pleasant and informed me I actually had to contact who I booked through to see if my room was ready to access. I called the iTrip number and reached someone who knew immediately who I was and verified my room was ready. The front desk had us set up within moments with beach towels, keys, maps, and parking passes. An attendant suddenly appeared with all our suitcases loaded on a cart and lead the kids and I to the room while my husband parked. No matter what we needed or what role the employee had they were ready to assist. The security guard was very nice and kept the massive amount of spring breakers in line at the pool when it became over run for the little ones. The shuttle was wonderful taking us throughout the day to the beach, shopping center or boardwalk. The location was great and amenities kept all my children entertained. Nice playground for my younger ones and a fitness center for my teen. No to mention the pool was amazing. There was even a slightly heated pool my kids loved as it was slightly chilly in the morning and evening hours. The kitchen was perfect and the condo was clean and well kept. We will definitely be staying here again when we return to Destin!

Room tip: Best views are the West tower overlooking the pool. It's beautiful lagoon pool and you get the ocean with the sunrise in the background.
1  Thank ExumFam
Reviewed March 24, 2016

My family and stayed at the Palms of Destin for 5 nights in March. The 2 bedroom condo (21016) was very spacious, comfortable and extremely clean (and so was the rest of the resort). It is very close to the beach, restaurants, supermarkets and entertainment. I strongly recommend staying at this resort.

Room tip: Try to get a room with a pool view
Date of stay: March 2016