“Clean, comfortable, great location, excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Travelodge Deltona

Travelodge Deltona
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deltona
Williston, Florida
“Clean, comfortable, great location, excellent value”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel is an older property, but it has been well maintained. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the room rate is the best in the area. The hotel is located just off I-4, which makes it very convenient. The check-in/check-out process was a breeze, and the front desk staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was OK, although the selection was somewhat limited in comparison to some of the business oriented chain hotels. One request would be some additional available electric outlets in the room, since I travel with a laptop, cell phone, etc. which need recharging each night - I was able to charge everything, but it took some effort.

The room rate can't be beat in this area as far as I can see. There are several big hotel chains within a few miles, but their rates are quite a bit higher in my experience.

In my opinion, the combination of the value, location and condition of the property make this an excellent choice for the money. When I am back in this area again, I will be staying here without a doubt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott3290
HarryH48, Manager at Travelodge Deltona, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thanks for your kind words about the inn and our fine staff!
They work very hard to make our guests feel welcome and I'll be sure to pass your comments along.
Hope to see you again soon...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
St Louis
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Come on people, lets review things right here! I stayed at the Deltona Inn because of the reviews here. I guess I either didn't read them well enough or we have had a "failure to communicate". This is an OLD property. nothing wrong with old but just be totally aware of what you are getting. I do believe that the friendliness of the overall staff, from the front desk lady, bartender, cleaning staff and breakfast lady, is so overwhelmingly good for this type of hotel, that it sways everyone's reviews. The hotel is an all outside access, if you are on the second floor you will have difficulty getting all your stuff to your room so keep that in mind. The room is musty at first because they do not AC all the rooms all the time. The beds are old, the decor is old, the bath facets look like original 1950s. They do their best to keep it clean but..... mold in our room near the AC unit, the stair wells were nasty. There are people who are weekly or long term residence to this hotel, the pool area looks acceptable and often fill with many children. The "lake" they reference on the web site is really a swampy pond. We did enjoy the ducks that ran around the area and there is quite a bit of a back yard area for the dog (yes this hotel allows dogs). Do watch the fire ants (but as is always the case with Florida) as there is a huge amount of them in the dog walking area. So bottom line, if you have a dog, and you can get this property cheap enough, it might be a steal (if you don't mind old, musty but nice people). However, there is a Hampton across the street that looks good, a Holiday Inn express up one exit that looks excellent (no dogs) and if you are doing anything in DeLand the Clarion (with a dog) is probably your best option. All of my friends staying there reported an excellent experience. Avoid the Howard Johnson in the area at all cost as it looks a bit like a gangland hotel and really unsafe.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor or very near a stairwell. Ask for back side of the hotel for a very quiet area a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Deltona hotels

Cooperstown, New York
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed there in September 2012. The front desk lady was very nice.
I had a room with king size bed and non smoking which is very good to sleep.
I stayed there for two nights peacefully and quietly.
The bathroom was clean.
I parked my car in front of my room which is very comfortable to carry my bags.
Thank you very much for your service.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: room on the first floor is easier to carry bags I would recommend the room in the back side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank KruKeng
HarryH48, General Manager at Travelodge Deltona, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thanks for the kind words about our inn!
The staff works very hard to keep all of our guests happy and it seem to work for you.
I'll be sure to pass along your thoughts, and again thanks for taking the time to drop us a note!
Best regards,
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was close to Sanford Airport. Upon first arrival I was told that the King size room we had reserved wasn't available because a week ago their generator blew and took out half the hotel. This hadn't been fixed nor was I notified of this ahead of time, all that was left was a double room. After much back and forth we wound up getting a handicapped king size room which was just fine. The staff was friendly, the bed comfortable and the room clean, really all I ask for for a 1 night stay. The pool area looked well kept but the rest of the grounds were in bad shape. The hotel is older as it is but they are obviously not running their sprinkler system because the grass looked non existent, weeds were everywhere and there was not a lick of landscaping anywhere. Again, the place was ok but I probably won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room to the back of the hotel, a lot less street noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I was sceptical at first due to the obnoxious $59.99 blinking sign out front, and actually requested to see the room before checking in. We had to stay 4 days - turned out to be very nice, cleaner than alot of the expensive big name places. Everything was new and remodeled and the staff were extremely friendly and courteous. The breakfast buffet was awesome and free to boot. I would definetly recommend this place to anyone. We really appreciated the effort the owners obviously put into the place and hope they continue to do so.

Room Tip: request one in the rear of the property
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ELBEE1970
jlarosa, General Manager at Travelodge Deltona, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Dear Elbee,

We are certainly glad our blinking sign peaked your intrigue and led you to our hotel. Thank you for your kind words and recognizing our efforts at property level to make the Deltona Inn a home away from home. We have revamped our guest internet and complimentary breakfast and it is nice to know that our guests are enjoying the added value of these improvements. I will be sure to share your kind words with our entire staff. We look forward to your return visit!
Nome, Alaska
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Large, clean, reasonably well appointed room, with comfortable bed and reclining chair. Nice pool area. Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff - which makes all the difference. Good hot breakfast buffet. Outdoor hallway, a bit of road noise in the front, but quieter than many big city hotels.

so, unless you're looking for upscale (such as room service, inside hallways, hi-def TV, etc) there is no reason to stay pay more at a chain hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank MiteGoat
jlarosa, General Manager at Travelodge Deltona, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank You for taking time out of your schedule to provide us with feedback of your recent visit. I am thrilled that we were able to meet your expectations and I look forward to sharing your positive comments with our entire staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Westland
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We picked this hotel because we would leave from Sanford airport. The reviews were pretty good to say the least.

My opinion:
The rooms were clean and the mattresses were great. Yes, the airconditioning is on the inside and thus makes noise. I came from an older place where I stayed with family so I only realized that because somebody else mentioned it in their review.

Breakfast was alright. Paper plates and plastic utensils. Waffle iron to make it yourselves, omelets or scrambled eggs, sausages, toast, english muffins, muffins etc. Your usual sweets in the form of peanut butter, jams and honey. They had Quaker oatmeals also. Coffee was good, orange juice from a pack.

The pool was on the cool side but very nice. It was not busy so we had the pool pretty much to ourselves with occasionally another family with kids.

The restaurant was good but has a limited menu and a limited opening time. No lunch but there is a McDonalds and a Waffle House at walking distance.

The staff is great. They were all very helpfull and friendly. From reception to restaurant as well as the cleaning staff. If anything is not as you expected it I suggest you ask them. If it is within reason I feel that they will help you.

The price is absolutely good.

Now my problem in rating is that I, as a European, do not know what to expect from a three star hotel. Compared to three star restaurants in Europe this one was great because of the price and the cleanness alone. Breakfast and diner are not what we know but the quality of the food is good.

So it isn't perfect, you cannot expect that in this class for this price. I have been to a Best Western in the same area once and this one is absolutely better. That is why, against my history, I will give it the maximum score. The price/quality/friendliness ratio deserves it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JamesRaven
jlarosa, General Manager at Travelodge Deltona, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for the kind words you have shared about our property. Our staff prides itself ensuring our guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay. Our housekeeping staff dedicates itself in maintaining high cleaning standards and overall comfort for our guests. It will be my pleasure to share your compliments with them. We hope that you have enjoyed your travels and look forward to your return visit in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deltona
Hampton Inn DeBary/Deltona
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
#4 of 5 in Orange City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange

Been to Travelodge Deltona? Share your experiences!