“Absolutely Fabulous Restaurant!”

Ranked #151 of 421 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went to Chaiyo Thai Bistro for lunch in early March during mid week. The restaurant is in what looked like a renovated fast food building in a fairly non-descript mall. The renovation was well done and this small restaurant has a quiet, friendly, mid-scale feeling. The service at the restaurant is also friendly and has that "we'll help you with anything" kind of feeling.

I went with my fiancee who lives in Delray Beach and she prepared me for an enjoyable meal, but the food at Chaiyo Thai even surpassed her reviews. She ordered curried vegetables and pad thai, I ordered sushi, and as usual, we shared tastes of our food with each other. Her curried vegetables were beautifully flavored with red curry, cooked perfectly and complimented with a wonderful pad thai. My sushi was as good as you will find anywhere. I don't usually like the cooked sushi, but with my Bento 3 four pieces of their Dynamite Seafood Roll were included. Oh my - A flavor that was wonderful and totally distinctive! I also had pieces of spicy tuna and JB roll. Everything was expertly prepared. Lunch was capped with Chaiyo Thai's black sticky rice desert. Fantastic!

If you live in Delray Beach or if you have the pleasure of visiting Delray, a really nice southeast Florida coastal city, make sure you have lunch or dinner at Chaiyo Thai. I almost forgot - the price for lunch for two with desert and tip was around $25. What a treat!

1  Thank Sailorman9868

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

You can do better but it's not awful. The food is very bland. They won't win any awards but they won't kill you either.

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I had a lunch special noodle dish here today. The flavor was excellent and the service was prompt and friendly. Their wonton soup broth was a bit too sweet, but that wouldn't keep me from returning! If you love Thai food, give this place a go!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Truly an amazing find and of course a few sub par reviews from those locals expecting Chinese food. Thai is so much more flavorful without all the heavy sauces that are commonly used in other Asian Fare leaving you often feeling too full. Great service and nice atmosphere make for a memorable experience.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have had Thai food all over the US and this is as good as it gets. Menu is not as diverse as some, but the Mansato curry was perfect. Busy clean restaurant with great attentive staff. Portions are large enough to share for small appetites or leftovers for a large appetitive. Just south of Military and Atlantic intersection.