Delray Beach Marriott
Travelocity
$280
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Fairfield Inn & Suites Delray Beach I-95(Delray Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$116
Fairfield Inn
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club(Delray Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
Travelocity
$259
TripAdvisor
1,129 results
All reviewsacross the streetthe concierge loungepool barpartial ocean viewpool staffocean frontatlantic avenuean upgradesmall balconyself parkingbeautiful hotellong weekendrooms are nicespring breakgreat poolper dayking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Would def go back. Excellent staff, gorgeous beach, wonderful shopping area.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Delray Beach Marriott for one night before heading to Miami for New Years Eve weekend. Being familiar with Delray and Atlantic Avenue, we picked this hotel because of it's great location. It is a quick walk to all of Atlantic Ave's dining, shopping and nightlife attractions and also right across from the beach - you really can't beat that. We stayed on a completely booked weekend so I can tell you that the hotel is spread out enough and the common areas (lobby, pool, gym) are large enough that it never seemed overly crowded even though it was extremely busy with people checking in and out.

We spent an afternoon by the pool which was nice. The service was somewhat slow, however with how busy it was we didn't complain. The food and drinks were good and reasonably priced for a Marriott hotel. Note that they do NOT offer a continental breakfast, so to get cereal, toast and coffee/ OJ without leaving the premises you have to go to the hotel restaurant and spend $15/person. They did have a buffet option, with omelets, meats, waffles, etc., which I'm sure gives you more for your money.

Our one serious complaint with this hotel was the noise factor in the room. We had an early flight and had hoped to nap for a couple hours once we checked in (around 2pm). Between the clear sounding voices of the people in the room next to us, the sound of the service staff pushing carts and housekeeping cleaning the remaining rooms with doors banging and chatter, we were lucky to dose off for 5-10 minutes at a time before a loud noise woke us up. As much as I had hoped this was only the case because we had tried to nap during the middle of the afternoon, it wasn't. The next morning, all of the same ruckus started around 6:30 am. Needless to say, it wasn't the best stay for catching up on sleep!!

All things considered, I would recommend this hotel to a friend. The great location trumps the negatives.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Took my husband here for a birthday getaway. I chose the Marriott because they offered ocean front rooms. I asked for a King size bed the room was nice, however as for the oceanfront, it should be ocean view, the hotel is located accross the street from the ocean and there are is a lot of foilage between the road and the ocean. Our balcony was very dirty & it was set far back with a very long roof right off the balcony, I was very dis-appointed with the location since I paid extra for ocean front. The first night our sleep was interrupted several times, you could hear every time someone opened and closed their door as well as anyone talking in the hallway, you would think a Marriott could insulate the rooms better!!! The bathroom is very small not possible to get two people in there at the same time, and there is no other mirror in the room so to do makeup or hair you need to be in the bathroom. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable and the pool was very nice. There are a lot of excellent places to eat within walking distance. We will definitely return to Delray Beach, next time I will do some shopping around for hotels.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jmiller58
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I loved this hotel. We stayed for 10 days. The room was very well appointed with an extremely comfortable bed and pillows. It smelled very fresh in the room as well as in the lobby. Pool was beautiful with very helpful staff constantly walking around cleaning up towels and cups and asking if you needed anything. Food at the pool was delicious and reasonably priced - my fav was the ahi tuna wrap. The main restaurant's kitchen was under renovation so the dinner menu was limited and the chicken dish I had was under seasoned and blah. I imagine it will be very nice once completed. Tons of restaurants are within walking distance as well as ice cream shops. The beach was just across the street. I sat on the
padded chairs with umbrellas
several days and was never asked
to pay anything. I have high expectations and this hotel met and exceeded all of them.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank CEBuff
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We had liked this hotel last year and we came back in September for a 3-night stay.
This time, we have mixed feelings. After check-in, we decided to go to the pool. There was a group of 8 people (family or friends) drinking cocktails and getting drunk all the afternoon in the pool. after a couple hours, we had enough of this noise and we left. It was not even in the adult pool, but in the family pool with kids all around. I believe the hotel staff should have asked these people to go to the nearby adult pool.
Nex morning, we had ordered breakfast delivery in our room, as we wanted to take advantage of our balcony, oceanfront. We had ordered toasts and jam, and cereals with no-fat milk.
We got toasts with ketchup and mustard, and milk bricks that showed it had been expired for one week. I called reception desk and they delivered new milk, but ...full 100% fat.
We left at 9:30 am for the beach and when we came back at 5 :30 p.m, our room was still in the same shape. The housekeeper came a few mn later and cleaned the room in about 7 mn.
Overall:
- Pros:
- the location of this hotel is great. just cross the street and you are on the beach where you can rent chairs and umbrella for $39 for 2 days. In the evening, Atlantic Ave is where you want to head for a nice dinner. there are plenty of good restaurants around, with a nice mediterranean atmosphere.
- the hotel has a great spa, a nice lobby and 2 pools
Cons:
- The restaurant is to avoid. Cleanliness problem. Health Dept should investigate a little more. Giving products which are past expiration date is totally unacceptable.
- Oceanfront rooms have a great balcony and a fantastic view. However, the bathroom is so tiny that 2 persons cannot be at the same time in it.
- Hotel staff seems to be on the loose. At the pool bar, the address customers as "buddy"

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JP M