“Exceeded expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Delray Beach
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

A wonderful and memorable one night get away in a absolutely fabulous upgraded room thanks to
Asst. GM Shaun. Truly amazing room and thoughtfulness by Shaun. Staff very friendly all around, clean facility, and a nice time lounging by the pool. Will definitely plan on another trip to this Marriott property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Florida V
Mathias W, Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Florida V,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. I am glad you had a great time and Shaun was able to make your stay memorable. Our staff takes great pride in hosting each of our guests brilliantly.

We look forward to welcoming you back in your future travel plans.

Regards,

Nadya Velazquez
Manager in Training

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Love the hotel. Service is great, staff is very nice and helpful. The food at the pool is excellent.
Only issue we had is the room when we checked in but it was addressed after talking to a manager.
The location is great as well. I stayed there partly for business and pleasure. The wifi was not that great for work.
All in all, great hotel and great marriott.

Stayed June 2014
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Freq_trav_72,

No matter if pleasure or business, or both combined, it is our goal to find a perfect blend between relaxation and comfortable work space! It seems we were successful and I would like to thank you for your feedback!

I appreciate you bringing your concerns with the wireless internet to my attention. The system was very recently updated to allow for faster connections and stronger signal strength. I apologize that your experience did not live up to your - or our own expectations. Please rest assured that we will address your concern right away!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Kingston, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times while visiting family in Delray Beach. This property has always met our expectations for this class of hotel from Marriott, rooms are well maintained and cleaned and staff have always been very good to us, and you cant beat the location across from the beach. This time they went out of their way to accommodate our family when we stayed there for the 4th of July fireworks celebration which was on the beach across from the hotel. It was also my father's 99th birthday and we booked 3 rooms with ocean view to watch the fireworks. My room was ocean view but limited as to where the fireworks could be seen (you could not see them from this room). The desk reservationist, Tammy, was able to find us another room with the view we needed, she allowed us to look at it first before we made the change. We also wanted to have some friends of the family watch the fireworks display (who were not guests of the hotel) from our room as part of Dad's birthday celebration. The hotel limits the number of outside guests due to the enormous crowd that comes down to that area for the fireworks. We were able to work out our request with the help of Assistant General Manager Shaun Vincenti who really went above and beyond to help us. Other staff members, "Kenzie" and Leah who worked the reception desk, and Justin, our pool side server and bartender were also terrific. This will always be our destination hotel when visiting Delray.

Room Tip: The South Tower have the direct ocean front rooms. Rooms 16 and 19 (the rooms will have a floor numb...
Green Features: We applaud the hotel's desire to save water and energy costs by not replenishing room towels unless guests want it. However, each day we were given new towels upon cleaning. Maybe the housekeeping staff doesn't understand the policy?
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank HVflyboy
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear HVflyboy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your detailed review. Thank you also for spending your fathers 99's birthday with us. We feel honored that you decided to spend this special day with us.

I appreciate your kind words about our team. I will definitely take the time to recognize everybody for their hard work and the outstanding service they are providing! We all are so very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time. We all hope to welcome you back soon!

Odessa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We felt very welcome, and the service is excellent and sincere. You cannot beat the location, the beds are wonderful and the accommodations are great. Rod at the sports bar is excellent, and Matise the manager went all out to help us. We will be back soon!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Shark80MW,

We are thrilled to hear that you had such a great welcome and experienced such amazing service during your stay. Making memories and providing great experiences is what the team strives for and your feedback really means a lot to us!

I'm especially happy to hear that I was personally able to assist you. I will also ensure to recognize Rod for his great work! Please make sure to visit us again if you return to the area!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel is amazing. Have stayed there at least 5 times over the past year. The pool bar is sick and the beachfront is even better. I always get upgraded upon arrival and thats awesome. They recently renovated the rooms and added making this place even better. 5 stars all the way!!!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Eric D
Dear Eric D,

Wow! What a fantastic review! Thank you from the entire team for sharing your experience. Hope to have you back soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have stayed at this particular Marriott on several occasions over the years on business. I like its location and for the most part the Hotel is very nice. The rooms are what you would expect from a high end Marriott...clean and well appointed. Most of the employees are friendly and appear to be well trained.

As an owner of a Forbes 4 star hotel I think I have a pretty good idea what great service is. After arriving late (plane cancelled and I flew in to another airport) I was a bit (ahem) grumpy. Pulling in I was greeted by the valet with a big smile and a very friendly attitude (big plus). I proceeded to the front desk and was fortunate enough to be checked in by Carley Graham. She was efficient, friendly, used my name in our conversation and seemed to actually care that I was not in the best of spirits. She provided 5 star service. Marriott is lucky to have her. Also kudos to the bartender on the night of 6/16 (made me a great drink) and to all the valet staff who took good care of me over the two days I was there.

I will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank David S
Dear David S,

What a great review! I really do believe that our hosts are what set us apart from other properties. I'm happy to hear that our valet team and Carly at the desk exceeded your expectations, especially after a rough day of travelling! I will make sure to recognize them for their great service! We are looking forward to have you back!

Morgantown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have been here a few times, it just keeps getting better, the new spa add a nice touch.

My kids love the pool, I just wish the bar stayed open later.

The rooms are all very nice, enjoy the local close to the beach and local restaurants as well.

The staff is great and tolerated my family and I, thank you.

We had a problem with the AC they came and fixed right away, thank you.

Only issue I had was the trash pickup woke us up twice, maybe you can wait until at least 8 am or so before waking my up with crashing dumpsters. Also there is some construction going on the parking area, they too started very early.

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean facing room for a romantic view, ask for a shuttle to the local restaurants.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear RyanS1,

It is always great to hear from our repeat guests. We appreciate your feedback and a very excited to hear that you like our improvements. Our staff strives to give excellent service and your compliments really mean a lot to our team!

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the AC. I'm happy to hear that we were able to fix the unit right away. Thank you also for bringing your concerns regarding the noise to my attention. I will definitely follow up with the responsible parties! We hope to welcome you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delray Beach
Residence Inn Delray Beach
Residence Inn Delray Beach
#8 of 17 in Delray Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 337 reviews

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!