“Much Improved - Highly Recommended”

Delray Beach Marriott
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
New Jersey
“Much Improved - Highly Recommended”
Reviewed October 8, 2008

I last reviewed this hotel in July, 2006 (not favorably) and have stayed here a couple of times since then. But I was pleasantly surprised after my last visit in Sept. 2008 to see great improvements. Many of the small but annoying issues I have found in the past have been rectified. For example, the pool area seems to be under better management -- old dirty pool cushions have been replaced with new ones, etc; the breakfast buffet seems to be back to the old Marriott standards – which is very good…… The pull-out lighted mirror in our room was a nice and practical addition. Service was always good, but I believe it may be better now.

The result was a much more enjoyable stay.

You cannot get a better location in this part of Florida for a hotel than this.

Just a reminder: This is an upscale vacation area and during the “season” you will pay premium prices. And, you will pay additional for parking all the time.

• Liked — Very Clean Rooms & Comfortable Beds
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrb1668

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed October 3, 2008

The lobby & pool areas were very nice, but I wasn't thrilled about the room. We chose an oceanfront suite, because we love to sit out on a balcony & watch the waves. The balcony was so narrow & tiny, that the chairs have to be kept SIDEWAY! Ridiculous. Also, the room was dark & not at all "cheery". The elevators were slow, as well. Overall, not a great experience.

We found another hotel in Delray that may be older, but it is much more convient.

• Liked — The pool area.
  • Disliked — Ocean front balconies are narrow & extremely small.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
Ontario, California
Reviewed September 5, 2008

My husband went to Florida for 4-days over the long-weekend. We found a pretty good deal & picked the Marriot. The hotel actually suprised me. The hotel & rooms were above average, the service was absolutely exceptional, you could tell everyone really went out of their way to be nice.

What I enjoyed the most was the fact that they had live music by the pool 2 of 4 days we were there. It was great pool music, nothing wild, and we really enjoyed it. They pool service was also great, people came around and took our orders, as well as a bar right by the pool that was fully staffed. It was very nice.

The downer was how costly the parking was, ugh, rip off! :)

• Liked — Pool entertainment
  • Disliked — No free coffee in the lobby in the morning; you have to pay.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Rome, NY
Reviewed August 30, 2008

My daughter and I just stayed 8/26-29. We had a great time! Wonderful location, right on the ocean and within walking of shopping and great dining on Atlantic Ave. Rooms are nice, tropical colors, fantastic bedding!!!!!!!! So comfortable! Flat screen TV. Bath and Body ammenities, in room safe, wet bar, bathrobes. And the pool, well that was my daughters favorite. She said she felt like she was in the caribbean with the atmosphere around the pool. Food was good, drinks were yummy! A little on the pricey side, but I ALWAYS expect to pay alot for food, drink, and shopping while on any vacation, we are not at home to do any bargain shopping or cook!!!!!!!!
The staff is exceptional!!! From valet to front desk to the pool bar, they are definitely a rare breed :) Everyone that works there says hi and asks if they can do anything for you. Never saw housekeeping but my room was immaculate everyday! The spa looked wonderful but I wasn't there for that :(
I definitely recommend this resort to anyone, families, singles, girls weekend, there is an adults only pool and a family pool, at different ends of the resort. Onsite restaurant with great food, but head out down the road for some great dining. I will be going back to this resort again!!!

• Liked — The bedding and pool!
  • Disliked — That I couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 27, 2008

So-So property despite amazing location. Lobby is dark and gaudy. Spa is only ordinary with pushy practioners trying to sell ad-on's. Beds comfy. Pool was small but nice although water was pretty cloudy. Well intentioned but confused waitstaff (perhaps not trained yet) who could not describe food selections. The pretty little town and hotel seemed asleep in late August, but then who would'nt be..

• Liked — ocean location
  • Disliked — maid left dirty trashbag on desk
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
South Jersey
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Stayed for memorial day weekend at The Marriott in Delray Beach, Florida. Recommened especially to couples who are looking to relax and enjoy drinks and good food. City Oyster is highly recommended if you want a great meal in an awesome environment. Beaches are beautiful and The Marriott is in a great location and in walking distance from bars and resturants. Enjoyed my stay and would go back again in a heartbeat.

1 Thank suema18
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2008

WOW!!!! I have stayed in some great hotels and I have never had better service than I did in the hotel. I stayed with my friends for 4 night s and 5 days. The valet offered us cold bottled water as we waited for them to pull our car around. We were able to check in 3 hours early, the room was beautiful. We wanted to see a movie one night and twhen we called the front desk to ask about the closest theater, he insisted on printing out all of the closest movie theaters with all the movie times and had someone deliver it to our room. The hotel is spotless, the poolside service is friendly and convienent. I really can't say enough about this hotel.

• Liked — The service and pool
  • Disliked — I wish they offered one more restaurant for dinner
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
#3 of 15 in Delray Beach
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!