“Best stay ever”

Delray Beach Marriott
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
“Best stay ever”
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was great. exceptional service. Rooms very clean. Pool staff was very attentive. Front desk staff bent over backwards. Special thanks to Carly who upgraded our room without us asking. She is the best!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great stay! Staff in restaurant, pool, bar, front desk and valet for all great. Very attentive. Pool was big, clean and warm. Beach was across street, but easy to access and huge. Rooms were sufficient. Food was great. Would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: 1 Bedroom suites are perfect for families, but would advise 2 beds, pull out not to comfortable. Pa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is no category 7 Marriott . It's a 2 on a good day. Black junk in ice machine ice,mold growing everywhere outside on the balcony furniture&pool area,sticky floors&dirty tables in there restaurant,and AC was awfull.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank enaid1
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Enaid1,

I apologize that we fell short in your expectations. Please reach out directly to me should you be planning to return to the area. I would like to ensure that any future stay will be flawless.

Best regards
connecticut
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We visit the Palm Beach area often and have stayed at the Delray Beach Marriott previously, but our recent stay was a major disappointment, and we would not return.

Upon check in, I was parking the car in the basement garage and my wife and daughter went upstairs to check in. There was a Front Desk employee with a customer and two Front Desk employees working as a team with another check in.

My wife heard the single worker tell her customer, “since we are not full, and you are a Marriott Rewards customer, we are going to upgrade you to an Oceanview Suite.”

The line moved and my wife walked up to the two working as a team, she was given her keys to a 2-Bed North Tower Room, my wife then said that we were a Marriott Rewards customer as well and was looking to upgrade our room. The response was “ we don’t have any rooms like that for you.”

Upon arrival to the room, the bed on left side of the room was broken and the bottom of mattress frame was broken and the mattress itself was deflected about 4-6 inches. It was so apparent that I am surprised the House Keeping person would not mention it to their Supervisor.

We snapped a photo and went down to the front desk, a new person was on Staff (Tammy- who was very helpful), and gave us a 2 bedroom in the South Tower facing the back of the building.

This room we noticed had a toilet paper holder that was falling off the wall, and significant scratches and dings everywhere. The major issue with this room was that at night, you could not sleep due a high pitched air cooled chiller screw compressor noise. It transmitted throughout the building’s beams and into the room and hallway. Additionally, there was a loud sledge hammer type noise banging every 30 -45 minutes or so.

We really weren’t up for 3 more nights of not sleeping, the next day Tammy showed us a room closer to the middle of the building on the 5th Floor, but we did hear the same noises every night.

This hotel has a strange odor throughout the building, stained chairs in the breakfast dining room, bathroom doors that don’t latch, sinks that don’t drain, leaking faucets when you turn them on too much, poor water pressure for showers, frayed carpets, chipped tile and dented sheetrock walls with mismatched paint stains on the balconies which you can also see in the glass elevators. A general overall poor appearance, with a lack of maintenance, repair or quality workmanship is everywhere.

Based on the higher room prices we paid over the Thanksgiving holiday, and the overall poor conditions, the hotel did not deliver on its basic obligation: a good comfortable night’s sleep….

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank albeeee
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Albeeee,

We appreciate your feedback. I would like to thank you for the kind remarks about Tammy. She is one of our superstars. I understand your frustration in not being offered a upgrade at the time of check in, especially after overhearing that another guest received a upgrade. A lot of times complimentary upgrades depend on the length of stay and the room type requested. If somebody books only 1 night there is a higher chance of a upgrade available than booking a longer stay. The bed type request might also play a role. We always recommend to book the desired room type ahead of time as we are not able to gurantee the possibility to upgrade at the day of arrival.

Please feel free to contact me directly in regards to the room challenges you experienced. This will allow me to properly investigate your concern and take corrective action as needed.

Best regards
Gibsons, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Boy was this a mistake. Checked in and was given an 'upgraded room' on 3rd floor right between elevator on one side and main road on the other. Complained and was given a different room - same floor. The second room overlooked a flat roofed commercial property! Rooms were 325 and 306 in order of complaint. Went back a second time and was informed that they were fully booked and had no other rooms available unless I wanted a smaller room. Decided at this point that I would look for another hotel (was due to stay here 5 nights). Both rooms were dated and bathroom was tiny - and no bath. Bell staff, however, we're excellent and helpful. Cannot say the same of reception team. Moving to Hyatt Place - not by beach but modern and in the centre of things. My Marriott loyalty card is going straight in the bin.

Room Tip: I understand there are updated rooms here - ask for them. In my opinion, 325 and 306, whilst suite...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Paul D,

I would like to thank you for the feedback provided. Thank you for the excellent review of our bell staff! I will make sure to pass on the praise. I apologize that the overall experience did not life up to your expectations. Your notes tell me that my team upgraded you from a standard view room to a larger king suite, still without a ocean view. Being in a sold out situation all our ocean view and ocean front rooms were taken. We still wanted to do something special for you and upgraded you to the larger room. We always recommend our guest to book the desired room type ahead of time, as we can never gurantee availability at the time of check in. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you consider to return to the area, I would like to take care of all your reservation needs directly.
Oakland, CA
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had a business meeting at the Del Ray Marriott. They were clearly heavily booked, and called in advance of my arrival to confirm that I was coming. This is one of the few times that I've had a hotel be so pro-active working to make rooms available for guests.
The meeting was quite well managed with great service throughout.
The hotel has a great workout area, with pulley machines, aerobic machines and enough space for a free style body weight workout.
Wonderful beach access across the street. Great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear David B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you had such a excellent experience. We hope to see you back soon!
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was there or a company Christmas party, I rented a room, and has a great experience. Obviously having other co workers stay in the hotel for the after party was even more fun. The weekend was definitely a blast, the staff was very helpful, and the location is perfect. It is located across from the beach, and if you want to have some dining choices you can just stroll Atlantic Avenue which is where most of the businesses are located, catering to all foo delights. Overall, great place to relax and have fun.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aviate037
Dear Aviate037,

We appreciate your feedback! We are very happy to hear that you and your group had such a blast. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delray Beach
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
#2 of 15 in Delray Beach
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!