“Better than expected”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Marathon, Florida
“Better than expected”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed in a room for two nights while attending a wedding this past weekend. The hotel is older and needs some updated but the service was really good. The check in was so simple and the lady at the desk was so friendly and helpful. She even gave us better rooms for a discounted price. The rooms had a living area plus a bedroom and a bathroom. It was spacious. Room service was ordered on three separate occasions and was delivered very promptly. All orders were correct and the staff was very friendly. I would stay there again. Lots of shopping and great restaurants within walking distance. Ocean is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET

Room Tip: We were in the South tower and on the 4th floor. Not a good view. If you looked out of our window we...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear KeyLimeCottage,

Thank you for your kind words! The entire team is working hard to give our guest a wonderful experience during their stay. All feedback is very important to us as we are using it every day to enhance our level of service. I apologize about the outdated impression you got from the property, our maintenance team strvies to keep the property up to date. We appreciate your fantastic review and looking forward to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is excellent. The staff is top notch. The lobby is very nice. The parking elevator smells like mold. The jacuzzi jets do not function.
The hot water handle on our sink was stuck. The bathroom fan was broken and noisy. The paper under our glasses in our room was filthy and we would never have considered drinking from them. All of our relatives had complaints about their rooms. This place is not properly maintained and it is a shame.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank adjustmedoctorp
Dear HAPPYTASEBUD,

We appreciate your review! Thank you for the excellent feedback regarding the location, the lobby and especially our staff. We pride ourselves with the staff service we provide, and it is great to get such positive response. I apologize for the impression you got from the physical condition of the property. We always strive to keep the property in a prime condition, and we clearly failed to do so in your opinion. I will follow up with my maintenance team to ensure we will address the challenges described so it will be taken care of prior to your next visit.
Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is the second time in two years I have stayed here. The first time either I didn't notice or the rooms have become very tired and overly used within this time. First the good points are the prime location right across from the beach and the walking distance to town with ample restaurants and nice stores. This is such a great place to simply walk back after a few cocktails from any one of the terrific nightspots/restaurants. The Marriott staff are all very well trained, efficient and extremely hospitable. The hotel is large and hosted a conference while we were there which never interfered with our stay. The problems were with the service at the outdoor restaurant and pool area. There was none. Actually every time we went (3 consecutive days) there was only one person to serve both areas. The time we sat at a table we eventually left since the waitress was busy running everywhere from tables to lounge chairs and I don't think she even saw us after 15 minutes. Overall whoever eventually did serve us during our stay was very nice and the problems were never a reflection of them but the severely inadequate staffing. Lastly, we stayed in a junior suite (room 338) which on first glance seems nice enough with two flat screens and some trendy pieces of furniture. But this furniture is mixed in with some badly scuffed furniture, wood throughout that needs restoration, poor water pressure and the towels - motel quality at best. There was a service door right near our room which was disgustingly dirty and so scuffed I could only assume the porters used carts to constantly push the door open. I love Marriott but this one needs some attention?

Room Tip: Room 338 did not have a view and was noisy since it was right next to a service door. We heard noise...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mathias W, Front Office Manager at Delray Beach Marriott, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate the great feedback provided in regards to the prime location of the property and the well trained Marriott staff you encountered. I'm also very thankful for your sharing of the less than perfect service experienced at our "Cascade" pool bar area. The lack in service you experienced is truly unacceptable. Our food & beverage team will ensure we have proper staffing levels at the pool area going forward. I also apologize for the condition of the furniture in your room. Our maintenance team is constantly working on keeping our rooms in excellent condition. Clearly this was not that case with your room. We will schedule a overhaul of the room as soon as possible. Please contact me at the hotel personally before booking your next stay so we can go above and beyond your expectations!
Eatontown, New Jersey
Reviewed November 3, 2013

First Class hotel with attentive staff close to fabulous shops an restaurants. Walk across the street to the beach. Recently renovated. Large pool. Golf cart transportation. Great location - close to I 95.

Room Tip: Ocean view 4th Floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jerzee13
Dear Jerzee 13,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We are very proud of all our staff for their hard work and the exceptional service they provid. The prime location on Atlantic avenue with the beach just across the street makes the Delray Beach Marriott a perfect choice for your visit, buisness or leisure.
tel aviv
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Any attempt to describe can only minimize .. I can only heap praise on the quality of the hotel for a long time never met such a quality hotel .. As amazing attitude of the team which leaves you open-mouthed face commitment to service .. And they are willing to do anything for you .. Cleaning and daily care uncompromising .. amazing breakfast buffet .. a rich, clean and fresh .. amazing location .. Walk two minutes from the beach, the pool clean .. Large luxurious rooms, bed and plenty of items such as towels and soap ... Highly recommend!

Room Tip: all room are very good!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Bitton,

I would like to personally thank you for the amazing review of our property. We make a point in reading out TripAdvisor comments in our daily stand ups, and it is truly rewarding for our team to receive such wonderful feedback.
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have travel quite a bit and have stayed in many places but when I stay in the Delray Beach Marriot there is nothing to compare. I have had nothing but great experiences. Maybe it the great location a walk away from the beach or maybe it is the awesome brunch or the upscale, casual mix of the Delray Beach Marriot. I have nothing negative to say. I have many great memories and will continue to make more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel's location is perfect: right across the street from the Atlantic Ocean. I was here for a convention for 4 days so I had a chance to see how the staff handled all sorts of situations. They were extremely customer-oriented. They made me feel as if I were the only guest in the entire hotel when I had an issue. I am returning for this convention this time next year, and my entire family will come with me since I had such a phenomenal time here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
#3 of 15 in Delray Beach
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!