“Location, location, location!”

Delray Beach Marriott
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Located just across the street from the ocean, the Marriott Delray could not be better situated. It is on North Ocean Blvd. with all the local shops and restaurants right there as you step out the door. The rooms could use an update and the elevators were the slowest I have ever encountered, but the location made up for it all. Although there were many young people at the pool and around the property, the on-site lounge/restaurant didn't seem to attract anyone under 60. Whatever shortcomings were overcome by the pool and proximity to everything would want to do in Delray. For MA residents, the 1/2 block walk to Boston's was also a plus. The facility was just too dated to earn anything over a 3-Star rating, but for the price and location, I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GC1998

Reviewed May 3, 2013

While the overall Hotel property is essentially a 4 Star, we were promised by the Front Desk Manager when we made our reservation that we would be put in a King Size, Ocean View Room on a High Floor. They hit 2 out of 3 putting us in Room 216 which was a King (although even the housekeeping staff admitted it was one of their smallest rooms) and an Ocean View partially obstructed by a 4 foot cement wall that butted up to a roof line so you really couldn't see the view if you sat down on the balcony. We also had the joy of removing cigarette butts from our balcony each morning that either came from the floors above us (the High Floors) or bllew in off of the roof in front of our room that was littered with garbage including multitudes of cigarette butts. We requested to be moved the first morning after check in (we arrived at 1 am the previous night) and were denied. We also provided feedback to front desk on the balcony and the garbage filled roof which remained full of garbage upon our check out (pictures attached). The hotel itself is truly very nice, all the hotel staff were very professional and friendly. The fact they did not honor nor take accountability for the expectation they set with us is my only complaint. The front desk's excuse was they can't always accomodate all their guests' preferences. This was not a preference but instead an expectation they set themselves as we did not ask for a High Floor but when I called to merely confirm a King Bed and Ocean View the Front Desk Manager also 'promised' a High Floor. It felt very much like 'Bait and Switch' to us and given the room rate we paid we defintiely paid well more than the value the room offered. I strongly suggested at checkout they clean the roof prior to checking in another guest into that room.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 216
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was blown away by this hotels location, across the street from the beach (nothing in this town is on the beach) and very close to all the attractions of Atlantic Avenue. I was 15 minutes from Palm beach and close to my events in Boca. Room was large, clean and comfy with modern flat screen and with good movie choices. Great views of the ocean. Great pool area and beach access. I only had breakfasts in hotel; food was good, service was great. My only beef was with the fitness center. Very small for hotel of this size and traffic level. Very limited equipment. Hotel staff was always courteous and helpful. Overall the place provided great value.

Room Tip: Go for the Ocean View rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was my first trip to Delray Beach. I could not have thanked my friends enough for their recommendation of this fantastic hotel. What a beautiful hotel with a great location to the beach and restaurants. I visited the spa while there which i found relaxing. The breakfast was wonderful, the pool had plenty of lounges and umbrellas. It rained for a few minutes so we all went under the overhang and had some good food and drink. I highly recommend this property and will return next time with the rest of my family....

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have made The delray beach Marriott a yearly vacation with our family.We love this place.The staff are wonderful and always make us feel welcome and at home.We have been to this location 4 times and will return for many more visits.The hotel location is perfect and a car rental isnt required.Atlantic Ave has many restaurant and shops all within walking distance.Shuttle service is also available for free every 1/2 hr in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is my third April vacation at the Marriott and I've upgraded rooms each year. This year I was in an ocean front room, which was very nice. Upon check-in we requested bathrobes. While we were eating, the robes were delivered. The next morning, we went to put the robes on before our breakfast was delivered-there were no ties. When we went to the pool, we requested ties. Later we went to the room and we had 2 new robes plus 2 with no ties. Robe ordeal over and done. We also assumed that we would be able to put a bottle of wine in the minibar. We never thought that we didn't have a key and it wasn't until we came back from town that we realized that the fridge wasn't even working. We asked for a fridge and one was delivered that night. I guess we shouldn't have assumed that our room had a fridge, but they did make it right for us. The only other complaint I have is the one day that we had a pool man who pointed to the overhead bin when my mother returned her towels. She had to put them in the bin herself while he watched. The next day there was a new trainee in that position-again they seemed to be operating behind the ball. The place is very nice, the staff helpful, and we had a great time, but I don't like feeling like I'm a pest by calling the front desk every day for one thing or another.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2013

It doesn't get any better than this. Excellent location. Wonderful pool, service. Across the street from Delray Beach. Close to the best restaurants in town. Excellent concierge services. Wonderful food and meeting rooms. Very clean. Crowded but clean. Pool area was a bit crowded but still nice. Well organized.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Delray Beach
Crane’s Beach House Boutique Hotel & Luxury Villas
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
#5 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!