“Overall very good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Delray Beach Marriott
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
“Overall very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. Among the highlights were the large clean room, my room had a balcony, the restaurant and room service had very good food, and the pools are very nice. Among the lowlights were a not very friendly staff (except for the person who checked me in), and a not so good concierge suite for Marriott gold members such as myself.

Overall however, the hotel is close to the beach and reasonably priced considering its location on delray beach. I would stay there again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights here for a convention that was held in the hotel's ballroom. Our room was clean, large, and located across the road from the beach. Typically, you can't go wrong with Marriott hotels, and that was the case here. My only complaint is the very weak water pressure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CortneyY
Harrison, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel has tons of old world charm, a beautiful pool, and is in a great location. It is across the strett from a great beach, and a short walk to shopping, dining, and downtown Delray beach. It is also a very good choice for business travel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mitchell W
Bothell, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed four nights in a third floor room with a partial waterfront view in the north building. I thought they did a remarkable job taking an old hotel and making it new again. We used the beach, the north pool, the pool bar and the inside bar. We had what passes for a 'suite' under current marketing terms with a front room with a sleeper sofa, a bathroom and a bedroom with a queen bed.

Pros:
- View of the water
- Tiled shower
- Comfortable Queen size bed
- Two big TV's
- Free WiFi
- Two pools
- Pool bar
- Decent food within a short walk. (Coco's, BurgerFi, much more)
- Beautiful architecture

Cons:
- Deck only large enough for a tiny table and chairs - but still better than no deck at all.
- HDTV's that don't get any HDTV signals
- Fold out sofa sleeper was small. Maybe it was a double, but no bigger.
- Beach across the street is city owned and maintained. We enjoyed it and rented their chairs but beach maintenance isn't as high quality as a private resort beach.
- No tub (an OK trade for the shower to me but maybe not to others.)
- Bathroom has all fixtures (sink, shower, toilet) behind one door. That slowed down our party of four.
- WiFi was difficult to log into with iPhones.

Overall we would recommend the hotel and we will consider visiting again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

In searching for a property for a womens event, for the second time I went to work with the staff here. I can't say enough about the hospitality, service, rooms, location, food and beauty of this location.
While the Marriott Resort & Spa has always been one of my favorite Florida properties, Delray Beach captured my heart!

I stopped counting at 510 guest for the weekend. From Friday to Sunday afternoon, the event was blessed.

The staff went above and beyond to make is spectacular, as did God with sunshine on Saturday and Sunday.

This property is on the corner of A1A (the ocean) and Atlantic Avenue which is filled with shops, restaurants, trinkets and news and as charming as it can possibly be. No national chain stores!
I HIGHLY recommend Vic & Angelo's Restaurant!!!!! I revisited them after my bad review and felt like I must have been delirious as the food was the best italian I ever ate! Trip Advisor would not let me put another review for my revisit. I go back all the time!

I highly recommend this hotel for all your vacation, wedding or event needs.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had many choices in Delray Beach and agonized over all of them! Landing on the Marriott was an EXCELLENT choice! We considered Seagate( you take a trolley to their pool and beachfront club) the new Hyatt ( no balconies or opening windows) and a few others.
We were given a king suite that had a partial ocean view. While gigantic, with a large living room, couch, chair, bar, sink and flat screen TV in the living room area - there are no windows and it is rather dark. Some may consider it cozy and a wonderful place to escape the heat -we found it not to our liking- personal choice- the extremely large mirror in the hall is probably meant to bring in some light, and in fact does, but again not our favorite room. The king bed and oversized balcony, second flat screen and bath were very well appointed. The view was good and not what we were looking for.
Having said that...we switched rooms...we were able to have a direct oceanfront...the catch is it had 2 double beds! Yikes! We decided we wanted the direct ocean view and sunrises! It was perfect. The smaller balcony and bath were worth it because the 5th floor oceanfront provided what we were looking for.
PROS: The entire staff are to be commended for their joyous attitude! The front desk staff was spectacular! We went to the amazing pool everyday! The poolside service and food was perfect! The pool is very large with plenty of seating and is actually 6 foot deep! Finally a place for adults! There is a second pool for adults only located on the other side of the property.
The building is clean, clean clean! Walking across the street you can find chair and umbrella rentals either by the hour or day on the beach. The water was beautiful.
CONS: The beach could use a daily clean-up. (nothing to do with the hotel) it's a little littered with cigarette butts, bottle tops, etc. we avoided a few broken bottles as well.
We will only stay at the Marriott from this point forward as we will be traveling back and forth to Delray in the next several months.
You will not be disappointed at the Marriott.

Room Tip: 5th floor, oceanfront is the way to go!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Anyone traveling with children will understand why I used this title. I have never in my life experienced a bathroom designed so poorly designed in my entire life. No more than ONE person can be in the bathroom at one time, and when you are traveling with children, thats impossible! The rooms are in need of an update,in fact, the glass of our balcony door was shattered, we called the desk immediately to report it (so they wouldnt charge us), and in few minutes the maintanence man came up and explained they are aware of it.....and pretty much ended the conversation. No offer of a new room, no apology, nothing.
On a positive note, the pool was very nice and the service at the pool bar was also good. The beach here was just ok for me. A little dirty, and some shadey characters hang out near the entrances, and if you dont know what they are up to, you would have to be blind. The water was so rough the week we were visiting, we couldnt go in the ocean.
We did enjoy the pizza at a place called Pizza Rustica, good quantity and value.

Room Tip: HIgh floor, and anything with a larger bathroom than their standard room if traveling with children...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
#10 of 15 in Delray Beach
Wright by the Sea
Wright by the Sea
#1 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!