“Beautiful Lobby, Shabby Guest Room”

Delray Beach Marriott
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Reviewed February 26, 2008

The lobby and public spaces of this hotel are beautiful. The pool area is also beautiful and the staff at the pool area were very helpful. The guest room (King Suite) really needs to be renovated and updated. The bathroom was dirty and slats of wood were missing from the closet door. But worst of all, on the first night, my husband found a COCKROACH in our bathroom. When I complained to the manager, his poor attitude only added insult to injury. He offered to move us to a SMALLER room with a Double bed. When I did not accept this offer and suggested a credit for the fact that I did not sleep 5 minutes while I was in this room, the manager rudely refused. Other rooms were available but I would be required to pay an upcharge to move. This left us with a very negative impression of the management at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank TravelMom12
Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed January 22, 2008

This place is a nice middle of the road Marriott. Here's my quick take on the place:

On the plus side:
1. Great service (very nice, fast)
2. Nice lobby and pool
3. Best location in town

On the negative:
1. Tired rooms and fixtures
2. Elevators need to be cleaned
3. Very expensive rates for what you get........

Stayed: January 2008
4  Thank Argentco
Reviewed December 27, 2007

The mariott... it was very good. The rooms were accomadating, they were also clean. The hotel staff was very kind, they try the best to make your stay pleasent :] The food, was average hotel food. The chefs cook the omelets right infront of you. If you go to Delray Beach, please please stay here!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 6, 2007

We stayed at the hotel from 10/27-10/29 for a wedding which was also held at the hotel. At check-in, we discovered that they had us checking in on 10/26 and checking out on 10/28, but the problem was quickly remedied. We stayed in room 156, which although small, had a really comfortable bed and good water pressure. The hotel bar staff were also really nice even if the drinks were pricey. We found the management to be both helpful and friendly and there were signs all over the hotel asking visitors to please, let them know if there was anything they could do better. It really seems like they are trying to improve their image. At checkout, our receipt showed that we were charged for 10/26-10/29 but a trip to the front desk quickly remedied the situation. I don't see a time when we'll have to return to Delray Beach, but if we did, I think we'd stay here again.
PS: It's right across the street from the beach!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Solochicky
Reviewed September 6, 2007

We stayed at the Delray Beach Marriott for 4 nights over Labor Day weekend for a wedding. There are 2 pools, but we only used the larger one and it was lovely. As a nice touch, ice water with lemon was always available at the towel stand. The hotel is across the street from the beach which was quite convenient; however if you want a beach chair or umbrella, you need to rent them at the beach. The hotel is well located--walking distance from lots of fine restaurants. I had requested a quiet room with a king bed and that's what we were given. The bed was very comfortable with wonderful linens. The staff throughout the hotel was friendly and helpful. If we were in Delray again, we'd definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tomsriver1960
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I live just a short distance from the Marriott but decided I wanted a not-so-far-away getaway for my birthday - especially given all of the problems with the airlines these days. Long story short, I would highly recommend for anyone to stay at this Marriott! The rooms were great - beds were soooo comfortable it made it hard to get up each day! The pool was very clean - only complaint was that the pool bar closes at 7:00 p.m. and that the "adults only" pool doesn't have a bar. Service at the pool bar was mediocre (but they were short-staffed), but the service inside the hotel more than made up for it. The food at their main restaurant was unbelievable! I highly recommend the beef tenderloin! It melts in your mouth with such amazing flavor! And lastly, the area is beautiful. You are within a short walk of everything - shops, bars, restaurants and you are across the street from the beautiful sands of the Delray Beach. While you are there you have to go across the street to Boston's on the Beach and check out the local bands at their outside bar! Very much a "Key West" feel. I hope that you enjoy your stay as much as I did. I will definitely be back!!

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank taralynn100
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Stayed here July 17 to July 19 in a suite on 4th floor.
The staff were very nice and Heather at the front desk did everything to make our stay special.
There are 2 pools the second being the quiet pool. Both pools water was very warm.
The bar pool has very good food and great drinks.
The hotel is across the street from the beach. Beach sand was so hot you needed tennis shoes so not to burn your feet. Beach was brown sand and had lots of seaweed. Not one the prettiest beaches in Fl.
Several restaurants within walking distance (across the street). First night we ate at Boston’s on The Beach. Good New England style food, king crab, lobster etc..the portions were huge but I can order crab and lobster anywhere. I was interested more in Florida type fish.
Lunch at Café Luna Rosa Italian was excellent! Located between Bostons and Shores I would suggest diner there too.
Second night ate at Shores right across the street. Both restaurants offer inside and outside dining. Shores has a nicer setting inside modern sheik settings. Food was very good Thursday was ½ price appetizers and 5.00 Martini’s, & Mojito’s. Kobe sliders, fish tacos and mussels were great especially at ½ prices (5.00 each).
Scallops in vanilla rum sauce and filet with lobster mashed potato’s..GREAT!...service not great…very slow, rude waiter.
Lots of shopping within walking distance. Staff all very friendly and spoke everytime they passed you anywhere. Would stay again due to staff and location for shopping and dining, not so much for beach.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Pat W
Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach
Crane’s Beach House Boutique Hotel & Luxury Villas
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Delray Beach I-95

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!