“Gorgeous Hotel and Great Stay”

Delray Beach Marriott
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in May of 2011.

I got to the hotel very early on a Friday and to my surprise was able to check-in before noon =)

The rooms were nice and clean and pretty spacious. We had a room that overlooked the pool which had a small balcony and was enjoyable to use in the evening before going out.

The front desk staff was exceptional and helped with any request i had.

I thought i left something behind in my room so i called a month later. I spoke with someone in Housekeeping (sorry didnt get her name). She was the most organized, helpful and pleasant person ive dealt with at any hotel in my years traveling - EVER! What an asset to your hotel - do not lose her!

When traveling back to the area i would certainly stay here again, and would absolutely reccommend to anyone else going to the Delray area!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kanga10125
There are newer reviews for Delray Beach Marriott

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at the Marriott Delray Beach in June while attending a friend's wedding nearby. The hotel is a little "uneven". The rooms are great, we had a small suite (which was the only room available, but at a very reasonable price). The location can't be beat, right across the street from the beach. The main pool had live music on the weekend during the day and was quite the scene (but not in a too over-the-top way). We ate at the pool restaurant and the food was good, not great, but try the sandwiches. Some things we thought were odd: we received a notice under the door our last night about the FEES charged for late check-out. It even said "no exceptions for Marriott Rewards members". Odd. The spa pool is basically located in a parking lot, and right on the street (which makes it less relaxing). The pool bathroom is shared with the conference facilities and it was awkward walking in a bathing suit (even with a cover-up) when there were men in suits everywhere. Finally we stayed there on a special package, meaning we were supposed to get some food & bev credit and amenities, and it was surprisingly difficult to use them. The place has flashes of being a truly luxury hotel, but doesn't quite live up.

Overall I'd stay here again for the rate we got, but it's not the best Marriott Category 6 hotel I've stayed in. If money isn't a concern, go to the Seagate across the street!

Room Tip: Pool view room are going to be noisy!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LanSan
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Amazing hotel...the only complaint would be that the room is pretty small....other than that the place was GORGEOUS. Very clean, comfy rooms (but very 'cozy').....GORGEOUS lobby and entrance, the best valet service I've had in awhile, very nice pool area....very well kept....overall an awesome hotel.

Location is great...across the street from the ocean and adjacent to a 'downtown' area with several neat little restaraunts and shops--not touristy, thank you! Really loved it here and I plan on coming back!

As for side costs...parking is $16 a night for valet--and the valet guys were great. Very helpful with directions and ALWAYS had the door, and helped with bags. Very helpful. The city of Delray Beach actually owns/handles the beach....and therefore they charge for the chairs. $32 a day buys you two nice chairs and large umbrella for the beach.....a ripoff but totally worth it :) Gorgeous beach!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Power outage in hotel on May 25, 2011 lasted from ca 900pm to 453am the next day, no announcement was made what happened, no member of management was visible only completely overwhelmed staff; they appeared to have no grasp on how to handle the situation. No emergency power diverted to rooms: all emergency power was in back of house areas including hallways, laundry, kitchen, elevators. The rooms were dark and hot. The next day comp breakfast was offered; the staff was rude and in a very bad mood as they had to work in a warm restaurant. Well, how do you think the guests felt?! The hotel location itself is fantastic: close to the beach. But service levels vary even in non emergency situations. We have to stay for business at this location but considering another venture. Also not so sure to return with the upcoming hurricane season and the experienced incident at this hotel. Staff turnover appears high as I always see new faces never the same ones. GM of Hotel is never visible. Very strange coming from the hotel industry I see a lot of improvement opportunities for the Marriott Brand.

3  Thank Katrin-Gillespie
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I am just ending a stay at the Marriott Delray Beach. The week has been great for business, not so great for my review of this hotel. I arrived on a Saturday afternoon and had requested a room with a King bed in advance and found they did not have a King bed, but they offered me a "bigger" room with 2 beds. Well, being a solo business traveler, bigger really did not matter to me and the "bigger" room was larger, but, the best way I can explain it, is it was bigger in a cheap way, with an awful view of some courtyard and the hallways across from the courtyard. I did manage to get moved to a King room, not a great view, but it did have a very nice patio with 2 chairs and a table, so that made me happy.
Now on to the Bugs...one morning I woke up with 2 bug bites on my hand, next morning 1 bite on my shoulder and the latest a bite on my arm. Oh and the bugs in the bathroom, little flying ant like bugs (not sure what they were) all over the bathroom floor, they did come and spray and clean and it is Florida, I was on the first floor, and it was hot outside. The bug bites bothered me more than seeing the bugs in the bathroom.
Finally, the Blackout...Wednesday night the Hotel had a blackout, something about a transformer, not the hotels fault really, but having to find my way around by glow stick was certainly interesting. The thing that bothered me about the blackout was the hotel slid a letter under my door that I could have a free breakfast for my inconvenience, considering I was there for a seminar and got free breakfast every morning, this did NOT impress me, they knew I was here for that, if you want to offer anything (and they really did not have to) at least make it something that I can use.
I would not stay here again unless I had to for business. Staff not very friendly, bugs in my room and only marginally comfortable beds.
To end on a good note - the hotel is right across from the beach and just a couple of blocks to great restaurants and shops. It does have a nice pool area and a decent little lounge.

Room Tip: get a room on a higher floor, maybe avoid the bug.
1  Thank egallag
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We just returned from a 5 night visit at this hotel and we were very pleased. The room are rather small, we upgraded the first day to a oceanfront suite and it was quite large with a much larger bathroon and lounge area. There are two pool areas although the larger being the much nicer of the 2. The poolside service is very poor. Had a great experience at the NSpa, expensive but very good. The beach is located across the street and is owned by the city. In order to get a chair and umbrella you need to pay $30 per day, very expensive. We were fortunate enough to run into firends that loaned us their chairs for the week and went to a local Target and bought our own umbrella and it was much cheaper. Also, beach towels are not provided, we used the towels from the hotel. You cant go wrong with restaurant choices in the area, we liked the City Oyster , 432 and loved Lemon Grass. If you are looking for nightlife you may need to go elsewhere as the town shuts down around 10pm. If you have a shopper among you go to the Town Center in Boca Raton.

Room Tip: The suite was great, other rooms quite small.
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I traveled alone to Delray Beach and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I read the reviews on here and was expecting to be disappointed because of the poor comments on the state of the hotel, noise, etc. As a solo female traveler for the weekend, I was concerned with safety and the location of the hotel. Both were above expectations. The staff is always around somewhere helping people and maintaining the property and the location is lovely, across the street from the beach and within walking distance of a nice shopping/restaurant district. Some commenters have stated they were unhappy that the hotel was not 'beachfront'. The hotel is directly across A1A from the beach, and there is a handy crosswalk that takes you to a short walk through seagrape bushes and dunes to the beach. As a native Floridian, I prefer this setup, as it protects the beach from the lights and heavy traffic that comes with a hotel that is directly on the beach. It also has a nicer more natural beachy feel. If someone has a problem walking a few yards to the beach, they can always enjoy the two hotel pools on the property. My only complaint about the pools is that the '21+ Only' pool could use a little more landscaping and updating, the deck is a little bare and it makes little sense to not have a small pool bar at the pool that caters to those seeking quiet away from the kiddies.
My sole complaint was that as a young woman traveling alone, I was treated as though I were a lost child by the dining room staff. Granted, I am a quite youthful looking 30 (and I'm not complaining) but the waiter asked me if my parents would be joining me and provided rather careless and condescending service that prevented me from taking another meal at their restaurant. The sole blemish to an otherwise delightful stay. The valet is worth the money and a wonderful convenience. There is a little hallway noise, but that is to be expected in an older property and didnt prevent me from sleeping soundly. The bathrooms were very nice, and the 'rainshower' style showerhead was excellent. I recommend calling them to make your reservation, as I ended up getting my room for $80 less than the quoted price online and also unexpectedly got a partial ocean view and balcony, which was lovely. I would stay there again, all in all an enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Call the hotel to book.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
Colony Hotel and Cabana Club
#5 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Delray Beach Marriott? Share your experiences!