“Location is great”

Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
“Location is great”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are clean with newer bathrooms and a rain shower. The hallways can use some updating. The free breakfast is great with many choices to choose from. The hotel is a few blocks from a great beach, several restaurants and shops. Staff is friendly and helpful. Pool area is nice but I didn't use it much with the beach around the corner. I would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Samantha J, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
MariaP123

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay to the fullest. Delray Beach is a one of a kind city that has plenty to offer from the beach to the restaurants right on Atlantic Avenue. I have informed the staff about your kind comment regarding their service. They were more than appreciative. You will be pleased to hear that we are in the process of updating our hallways for we understand they needed a little TLC.

Again, thank you for your lovely comments and I look forward to having you as our guest, again, within the near future.

561.276.7441

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Suitable for families or large groups. Stayed here as part of a girls weekend, and it just didn't suit the experience we were looking for. At checkin, was given a room with a window facing another wall. Upon asking for another room they said the type of room I booked was only on the first and second floors. It was an odd experience as I've never been told I am restricted to certain floors so clearly the Residence Inn operates a bit differently from a traditional marriott property. After some more prompting, they gave us a different room on the second floor with a balcony so we were content. The good news is that the room was clean and the property is located a very short walk to the beach, and just a slightly longer walk to the restaurants. The property could use some sprucing up in the interior. All in all it was fine, but I will stay elsewhere next time for a different atmosphere.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Samantha J, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
LSB906

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your concerns and outlooks mean a great amount to the Marriott family.

At our establishment, we have seven different types of rooms; all the way from our studios to our two bedroom suites. You had mentioned the room that you had reserved was only located on the first and second floors. Please, allow me to apologize for the false information that you were given. Our one bedroom suites with a king bed, as well as our two bedroom suites, are located on our 1st through 4th floors. It is very possible the only rooms that we had available, with your reserved room type, on the day of your arrival were on the first and second floor. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you had encountered while visiting our location for we strive to ensure our guests are fully satisfied during their stay.

Please, let me know when you are planning your next visit to beautiful Delray Beach for I will be more than happy to create your reservation for you.

Again, thank you, and if there is anything I can do to further assist you, please, do not hesitate to contact me at 561.276.7441 or via email Samantha.Juhasz@marriott.com.

Upstate NY
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here many times over 20 some years...going back to when it was the Spanish River. This year in particular, everything seems great! We were not here last year and it seems to have been refurbished. The people at the front desk were friendly and accommodating. The breakfast this morning was particularly good...hot and cold. It is a little bit of a walk to the beach, only a block or so, but Atlantic Avenue with all of its shops and restaurants is right out front.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank qqqqqq
qqqqqq

Thank you for your previous stay, with us! I am glad to see you were satisfied with your visit. I have heard many stories about when our property was the “Spanish River” and it seems as if we have come a long way. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff. They are a great group of people and I am blessed to have them as a part of the Marriott family. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. The girls in the kitchen do a great job and always try to find ways to make each breakfast experience a little different.

Again, thank you for your previous stay, as well as your kind words, and I look forward to having you as a repeat guest sooner than later.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay here, with a little baby in a king bed room with balcony. Staff was excellent, breakfast good, and the Tuesday and Thursday afternoon snack was a nice treat. Pool clean and great to swim in. Location is perfect for both beach and shopping. Ask for AAA rates if you're a member. Will return!

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank WinningThePooh
WinningThePooh

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our location. Your kind words went unnoticed. Our Tuesday and Thursday evening social is our way (Residence Inn by Marriott’s way) to show our appreciation for our guests loyalty. We know, and understand, there are many hotels that our guests can stay but they choose us and we want to thank each of you for that. It’s a pleasure to see how much you’ve enjoyed your visit and we cannot wait for your return!

Again, thank you!

Minneapolis
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed in the full service Marriott for four nights before they were sold out and we had to move to the Residence. Poor quality all around, and the price was higher than the beach Marriott. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. Not able to sleep due to the noise in the halls. The rooms are tired and could use a facelift. Breakfast was not for healthy eaters. Lots of carbs to eat. Would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ronald S
Ronald S.

Thank you for your previous stay, with us. It brings me great displeasure to see you were dissatisfied with your visit.

Allow me to apologize for all that you had encountered while visiting our location. We have taken your observations into great consideration and would like to inform you that we will be updating our establishment within the next couple of months. Our complimentary breakfast, each morning, has a variety of foods to meet each guest’s needs. We, at the Residence Inn, are open to each and all suggestions that our guests provide for we understand the true meaning of hospitality.

Once more, my deepest apologies and I hope you change your mind in returning to our property.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed 5 nights in March. Check in easy. We had a choice of rooms and was able to check in at 2pm. 2nd night the people staying in the room next door were loud and up all night. We did not complain until it happened again the next night. Security came right away and asked them to quiet down. This was 3 am and that was the end of the noise.
Bathroom door handle was loose. Maintainance was up within 5 minutes to fix the problem.
Great location. Would come back again in a heartbeat

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pamela R
Reviewed March 6, 2014

..but i would never stay here again first, when we checked in, despite repeated calls to ensure that we had a king room (traveling with 2 adults and a toddler) we were checked into a queen. after going back to the desk, the night manager first told me he had no kings then miraculously found one.

the 3rd day, the shower door shattered while i closed it to take a shower. now, accidents happen and although the door was either damaged or not properly installed, i don't want to make this the lasting image of the hotel because it can happen anywhere. and to be fair, Samantha who is a manager (i think) was on top of it, asking me if i needed assistance, a wheelchair, and ambulance, erc (i had cuts all over my hands and feet). i declined, and the maintenance staff was also helpful in moving our stuff.

what shocked me was the interaction with others at the hotel after. another gentleman gave my wife keys after she waited for a couple of hours-to a queen room again! and again we went through the same song and dance -we don't have a king room. oh wait-you can have this king room. ridiculous.

then upon leaving-no acknowledgement of the incident(thankfully we were not giving my 2 year old a bath at that time and thankfully no glass went into my eye with a cornea transplant already in it). no offer to do anything extra. i thought, at a minimum, and as a gold member at Marriott (they least they could have done is credit us the $25 of incidentals that equaled my urgent care copay plus refund us the points for that night. at a minimum! no such offer came.

it took posting the picture of the broken glass and my blood on the floor on twitter to get any response from Marriott customer care the GM of the hotel, Michael, then (through customer care) promised me on 3 straight days to give me a call to discuss. he did not call. finally after the 4th promise, he called and was condescending and smug. he told me theyd credit me the $25 (note theyve only credited me 19.60) and give me my 25k points back (which they did). i was in a meeting and couldn't discuss this further. i did email the customer service rep back statingg they had done the minimum and i felt another 25K of points was in order. after 10 more days and a call from the property's management company, they agreed to award me 25k more points, but only if i signed a release not only giving up any further claim against them (luckily there was no serious injury so i have no plans to sue) but also requiring me to cover all of their costs in case my health insurance company goes after their insurance? no free room is worth opening up myself to that exposure; thus i declined.

bottom line-Kudos to Samantha and to the maintenance staff in terms of being responsive about my well being initially. bad job by everyone else in how they managed this from a customer relationship management standpoint after the initial incident. at the time even a nice bottle of wine could have sufficed. something as a gesture. but the hotel escalated it but their inaction.

as someone who stays n hotels nearly 150 nights a year, the responses of this hotel and Marriott i. general have assured that Marriott will not receive my business going forward unless business dictates a stay as a necessary evil here and there

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
#6 of 15 in Delray Beach
Crane’s Beach House Boutique Hotel & Luxury Villas
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Delray Beach I-95
Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Delray Beach? Share your experiences!