“Dirty and Run Down”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
New York City, New York
“Dirty and Run Down”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay in Delray Beach, keep looking. I stayed at the Residence Inn for a long weekend and found the hotel to be very run down and dirty. I complained to the man at the front desk about the stains on the red sofa in my room (which are a huge turn-off when you see this upon first entering your room). I was shown another room and the sofa was in the same condition. The carpet in my room had not been vacuumed probably for quite a few days before I arrived and there was mold growing in the shower. Yes, I brought all of this to the attention of the front desk staff and all the problems were still there when I checked out. Speaking of checking out, when I went to take the elevator down with my luggage, I had to call downstairs only to find out that the elevators were not working and I would have to walk down the stairs with my luggage! Therefore, I would never stay at this property again. If you need to stay in Delray, spend a little extra and stay at the Seagate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank SchnitzerShapiro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2013

It's my second night here, and I'm already on my third room. My first 2 were horrible! Ripped carpet, black mold in the showers, shower doors off the track, cigarette burns on the balcony walls, balcony chairs with the wicker/cane coming off, etc. Now that I'm in my third room, it seems to be cleaner, but now I've totally lost my ocean views....oh, unless I stand on my tip-toes and look over the dirty rooftop. I showed all this to the manager who came up to bring my new room keys (to 3rd room), and he thanked me for bringing all this to his attention. Really? As a manager, you don't know the condition of your rooms? Also, I shared with him it may be cleaner around here if the cleaning staff wasn't sitting in the hall in front of my room having a conversation...yes, 3 cleaning crew sitting in the main hall maybe 20 feet from my room just chatting! I also expressed how annoyed I was that I had so much to move to my new room, and he just disappeared, leaving me with no cart or assistance in moving my luggage or clothing. No offer of assistance at all. Marriott should be ashamed to call this place one of their own! Horrible!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Martin M
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We come to this area annually .We usually stayed at another location in Boca but the hotel is closed for a remodel .We were looking for a hotel near or on the beach with a great view. We found it. I requested a balcony with water view and got it. Sixth floor or higher will give you the view. The hotel was spotless clean, staff was friendly and helpful.Breakfast was good, many choices .We enjoyed the short walk to the beach and the shops on the way.You never have to move the car if you just want to relax.Plenty to do within I walking distance. Best part for us was the Delray Pres Church across the street. We were able to see our former pastor Dr Hood and his family ,it was awesome to hear him preach and join them for lunch at Luna's. We would definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for 6th floor or higher
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My first impression of the Residence Inn Delray Beach was an unbelievably positive one after being greeted by Samantha and Chase at the front desk. They were definitely in the business of making sure their guests felt welcomed and satisfied. During my 4 night stay at the hotel, I found all of the hotel staff to have the same outstanding attitude towards their guests. Great job!! I was truly impressed.

My suite was very nicely appointed and very clean. The kitchen was well stocked with everything needed to cook in the unit. Free breakfast in the morning was very good. During the week there was also complimentary food some of the evenings.

The location of the hotel is fantastic! The beach, shops and great restaurants are only a short walk away. There is a free shuttle pick-up right outside the hotel to take guests to the downtown area where there are many more restaurants and shops.

My overall experience at this hotel was outstanding!! Besides Samantha and Chase, a few other staff members who made a big difference in my positive experience were Mercedes and Adrianne at the front desk. Michael, the General Manager helped me over the phone with a concern I had before checking in. He was very helpful and accommodating. It seems Michael is setting a good example of how to make happy customers!

I look forward to returning to this great property again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hawkinge, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,274 helpful votes
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here for one week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Location is excellent on Atantiic Avenue just back from the beach and very near the main Marriott Resort. Lots of eateries around. Fantastic ice creams at Kelwins just up the road. Our studio was spacious and comfortable. Well equipped. Good kitchen. Laundry on every other floor. Great view of the coast. We enjoyed the pool and the gym. Special mention to the breakfast which was excellent and super value for a free onne. The reception staff were also exceptionally helpful and friendly - quite outstanding. Parking was fine iin either the lot beside the hotel or the overflow just across the road would certainly stay here again. Really good hotel and excellent value

Room Tip: high floor for best view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cape Cod
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We love this hotel! It's location on Atlantic Ave is the best and many of the rooms are perfectly equipped for longer stays. The staff is very hospitable and the rooms are very clean. The only downfall is the gym--it is a very small room with limited equipment, but we were told that it was possible for the front desk to make arrangements at the Marriott (which is just up the road) to use their gym. The pet friendly aspect is great given that all of Delray (except for the beach) is incredibly pet friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LambAndLion
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Loved staying here. Staff was very helpful and you are in the heart of Del Ray Beach.
Room has a small kitchen and the hotel is kept very clean. The convenience cannot be surpassed.
You are within walking distance to the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends