“Good food, terrible service”
Review of Cabana El Rey

Cabana El Rey
Ranked #2 of 412 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Puerto Rican
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Palm beach
“Good food, terrible service”
Reviewed June 23, 2007

I had lunch there today, and was so discussed with the service at the end of lunch I am quick to say I will never return, after he forgot to ask us for drinks, and had to remind the other waiter that he had forgotten.
The food was up to expectation but the service after lunch was terrible, our waiter needs to understand that he is working for an up market restaurant in probley one of the best food streets in the world, and he needs to service his customers like an up market restaurant, I really felt like I was at dennys, after we asked nicely for the check we were to be meet with wide eyes and tardiness toward myself and my wife, the waiter kindly took his time. (A good 15 mins to return)
If you go there expect great food BUT get ready for bad service and rude waiters….

Milford, Connecticut
“Highly recommend it”
Reviewed March 6, 2007

My husband and I had dinner here last week and loved it. The service,
the food, the atmosphere (we had a nice outdoor table) were all terrific and the prices very reasonable.

South Florida, Florida
“Great place for Cuban/Latin food and drink”
Reviewed February 7, 2007

My wife and I dined at Cabana El Rey the other night, and we really enjoyed the entire experience. We loved the food, and the service was great!

Cabana El Rey is one of 5 Cabana "Nuevo Latino" restaurants, two in Florida and the others in New York City. They have an extensive menu, including about a dozen appetizers. My wife and I decided to eat tapas-style and order several appetizers. They were all very good. My favorite was the Alitas Caribenas, which are jerk chicken wings marinated in thick, spicy, barbeque-like sauce (ask for wetnaps!). My wife's favorite was the Camarones de Coco coconut dipped shrimp. The appetizers were a good size -- if you eat tapas-style as we did, two per person should be more than enough.

The waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. For drinks, we had a mojito and a caipirinha, and they were both very tasty (and potent). The atmosphere is lively, so look elsewhere if you're looking for a quiet meal.

We've only eaten there once, so we don't know how the entrees are, but we're looking forward to gong back next time we're in the area.

3 Thank DeeEss