“Regulars since it opened”
Review of Cabana El Rey

Cabana El Rey
Ranked #4 of 435 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our family loves Cabana. We've had many celebrations here from kids HS graduation, college graduation, bridal shower and bridesmaid luncheon thru the years.
The food is always delicious and their sangria is my favorite on the avenue. I love the blue bar and we frequent it on Friday night after work, we get the Marquita's and white sangria.
We have tried most everything on the menu over the years but my go to is the sea bass or the chicken and rice. Delicious...
There is a tiny parking lot out back just for the restaurant, if u get there early enough you don't have to search for parking, but don't count on it.
The decor is nice and the outdoor dining is comfortable. We have used the private room a few times and they are great at accommodating a group, up to 20, with no minimum charge is a great value.
You won't be disappointed, we are long time customers and have never had a bad experience.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is a first class establishment and every aspect of the restaurant reflects it. The wait staff is professional, experienced in the nuances of the menu and eager to please. My husband had the Picadillo which he happily inhaled. I had the Churrasco which was perfectly cooked and seasoned. We enjoyed every minute of our dinner there and enjoyed talking with the Manager about his restaurant experiences. Charming!

2  Thank KathyBJax_FL
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Though there was attractive shaded seating on two sides of this restaurant, I opted for an inside table under cool air conditioning. The interior was neat and clean. Cushioned chairs around tables with white tablecloths. Overhead paddle fans slowly churning the air. A friendly hostess. Lively Latin background music. Some diners seated at the bar in the adjacent room having lunch. A couple of large, decorative pictures on walls. A buffet set up and ready for action. I couldn't decide what I wanted, so I went with the luncheon buffet with its meat (beef, pork, chicken) and vegetables offerings.

The food was so tasty and I wanted to sample a wide variety of foods that I made two passes down the luncheon buffet line, finishing off one plate of food and then another. I tried the papas rellenas, black beans, croquetas de jamon, cabana curry vegetables, maduros, and arroz amarillo. Very tasty food, though it didn't blow me away.

I ended the feast with a helping of flan, which was creamy delicious.

Friendly service. A relaxing atmosphere. An enjoyable meal, and at a bargain price of $11.95.

3  Thank Bunmaster2014
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Don't miss out on this one..Food and buffet are just top notch and a great menu to boot. Plan to be back soon

2  Thank Dan W
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Took my girlfriend and friends their for her birthday. As always, the food there was fantastic! We have been there 4 times now and each time we have never been disappointed! They also put together a great dessert for her birthday. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and make sure you have the sangria...it's fantastic!

2  Thank Jon M