“Amazing experience in Cabana restaurant”
Review of Cabana El Rey

Cabana El Rey
Ranked #2 of 415 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We just came back from our favorite Delray Beach! Lots of sun, great people, best food!!! But the best of all is the Cabana Restaurant - we came back there 4 nights in a row within one week!!! Excellent food, we enjoyed every minute there - we loved the service that we got from the great waiters Boris Baron and Geo and the Executive Chef that took his time out of his busy work and came out to talk to us. Everything was great and enjoyable in that place and we all had the best time dining there. Vine was excellent as well. We will come again to see you guys! Thanks again!

2  Thank Mila G

Reviewed December 5, 2013

My three friends and I were in Delray Beach for the Thanksgiving weekend Art Show, after eating at another restaurant Saturday night and being very disappointed in the food quality, we were having a hard time deciding where to eat on Sunday afternoon.

Thank goodness we found ourselves standing in front of the Cabana El Rey, the food was fantastic, and the flavors were incredible. We had the buffet since it had everything we wanted to order from the menu. This buffet was remarkable, the food was so fresh and the choices were excellent.

Our server could not have been more accommodating, thank you Cabana for giving us a wonderful dining experience in Delray Beach.

3  Thank Kim T
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Started with a red Sangria that turned out pretty good, Shared the Curry, seafood and vegetable entree and Skirt steak entree selections, and both were plentiful and very tasty. Very attentive server, but u fortunately referred to everyone as guys!

2  Thank denniss158
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I always wondered why the place is packed every time I go. After eating and experiencing the service I remember why. 6 people got different things and all 6 dishes were wonderful. The staff ran around all night yet once in front of a customer they had all the time in the world. I never felt rushed and I always had every request met quickly.

Their drink selection is one of the best on the ave when it comes to cultural concoctions.

1  Thank ListentoDerek
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just to be clear, there are about 4 restaurants in the country I've rated 5 stars. The best restaurant in town is 4 stars, the ones I truly enjoy and come back to over and over are 3. Now, on to the review:

If you can't get to Cayo Ocho (8th. Street) in little Havana in Miami, this is a great alternative. It's, by far the best Cuban food within 15 miles and has a very nice atmosphere and bar scene as well. Frankly, my favorite Cuban food is in a dive in Miami. This is a beautiful restaurant.

This is real, quality cuban food. From the churrasco steak with pickled onions on top which I've never been able to duplicate, to the ropa vieja which is shredded, marinated flank steak in a delicate sauce with onions and peppers served over delicious yellow rice, to the Cabana salad which is one of the best salads I've ever had, the food is all, I mean every dish I've ever tried, excellent!

The service is great. The drinks are great. There is a bar which allows you to sit outside and there is outdoor seating which allows you to people watch.

If you've never had Cuban food, this is the place to go. You will love it and this will become a regular restaurant if you live locally and a place you won't forget if you are a visitor.

3  Thank Charles B