“Stag Dinner at my Favorite Place”
Review of Cabana El Rey

Cabana El Rey
Ranked #2 of 426 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Back in Delray Beach to do some work on our house there, I had to stop by Cabana el Rey for a quick dinner and, of course, a couple of Mojitos. I was warmly welcomed right away by several of the staff and was shown to a great spot outside where I could enjoy the weather and the wonderful view of this wonderful town. I've said before that the servers are extremely well acquainted with the menu options. They can walk one through the preparation and ingredients of every item which, for many with dietary issues, is very important. I decided on my favorite dinner salad and a Mount Gay Mojito. The Tropicana Salad is full of fresh fruits and greens -- the lettuce is actually crunchy every time. It's great and a real joy to eat. Eidy, my server, welcomed me as an old friend when she arrived at my table with my first Mojito just as I sat down. She remembered how I like them and it was perfect. I'm sure she instructed the Bartender personally. She frequently stopped by to be sure things were ok and she asked about my family. She is simply a very nice person. Importantly, the broad spectrum of flavors in the dishes offered is stellar. However, pay attention to the specials, because that's exactly what they are -- Special. Cabana el Rey remains my favorite restaurant, period.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Excellent atmosphere great patio to people watch. Lunch prices reasonsable. Drinks picey. Doubt we would eat dinner here prices seem high. Lunch was wonderful & fresh!

2  Thank ChristineMikeTravel
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The restaurants on Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach don't come cheap, but this one is really good. Been here a couple times with my wife and four kids, and each time we've had the Mariquitas (fried plantains) as an appetizer, and the Churrasco (skirt steak) as our entree. The plantains come with two really good dipping sauces, one is basically guacamole, and the other is some kind of really tasty garlic sauce. We inhaled these, and had to get a second order. The skirt steak is so good, and comes with black beans and rice. Even my kids could not get enough of it, and that's saying something.

3  Thank OutOfOffice4Good
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Nice cool spot at the inside bar to sit in the afternoon and sip on a cafe con leche or cuban coffee. Really good. Will come back to try the food. Menu looked good, a little pricey but is in line with other restaurants on this street. $11-15 each for salad or sandwiches.

3  Thank Special12k
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife celebrated her 40th Birthday at Cabana el Rey in Delray Beach, Florida, this past week. We could not have picked a better place. Our party was treated with care and confidence. Lilly, our server, was great. As with all the other servers, she had incredible knowledge of each menu item, how it was made and all the ingredients in them. She was patient with the plethora of personalities at our table offering suggestions and answering questions regarding the menu and beverage options, which those of you who have seen my previous reviews might guess, focused on Mount Gay Mojitos. I won’t bore you all with another review of those Mojitos. Suffice it to say, the Mojitos at Cabana el Rey are the best, irrespective of the brand of Rum one chooses.

However, back to the party, my wife had a great time, as did the rest of our guests. The orders were taken efficiently and served with dispatch (always the case, here). The quality of the meals is always amazing. My wife was welcomed and congratulated by Carlo, the Manager that evening, and Roberto, the Head Chef.

When you go, please try the Lamb Chops (there are always available but are not on the menu). The Ropa Vieja, Paella Valenciana and Pollo Asado are all wonderful, but I’ve gone through all that before.

Thank you, to the staff of Cabana el Rey, for a wonderful experience once again.

1  Thank stewartjoslin