“Delish”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Puerto Rican
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Cabanas in Delray Beach, FL is the best restaurant you can find for a Latin cuisine! The management and the servers are awesome. The food is "Delish." Tapas de Gambas is just one of their most awesome appetizers you can have. Their Sangria is a wow!!! Overall Yummerific!!!

1  Thank Dbello

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I had eaten here before for lunch and wanted to try dinner on my last trip. I was not disappointed. My friend and I shared the fried calamari and a salad, and our entree was a whole fish filleted and prepared with plantains and clams. It was excellent. We each had a glass of wine and the bill was reasonable. I enjoyed watching all the strollers on Atlantic avenue.

1  Thank DianeC91
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Nice atmosphere and fast service. We ordered passion fruit Caprihinas and they were a tasty twist on the original. The jumbo shrimp and chicken was a little lacking in shrimp and the chicken was slightly over cooked. I don't recommend this dish. The Cesar Salad with grilled shrimp was very nice. The sea bass was excellent, the sauce that was on the fish was creamy and flavorful. The outside seating was lively. I enjoyed this restaurant.

1  Thank lexycal
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had reserved the private room for a birthday celebration of a friend. The pitchers of mojitos, white sangria, red sangria and baskets of fried plantains with fresh guacamole were the perfect wait to start. It gave everyone time to sit, socialize, and enjoy without being rushed to order. The staff was attentive and helpful, with us and each other. Festive music playing, great people watching, and everyone's food was amazing! We atsted the paella, the churasco, the garlic shrimp, the salads, and each dish was served to perfection. Seasoned perfectly with home-made chimmichurri sauce on the side if you wanted the added kick. Will definitely be back. The room was small for the party and the ceviche wa snot my favorite, but when in Rome, don't order chinese. They are the paella and steak experts, order the good stuff you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Swipes123
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Had a great dinner with my wife on this Atlantic Ave restaurant. We sat at one of the outside tables so we could people watch. The meal was very tasty and service was quite good. We started with the Ceviche Mixto and Bocadillos for Two. Ceviche was perfect and the fritters, wings, and empanadas were outstanding. If you are a hot head, the jerk sauce on the wings was not that hot at all but it was full of taste.
For the main course, my wife had the Coco Cabana and I, the Paella Valenciana. I did sample my wife's entree and was very impressed with the flavors of the dish. The coconut milk and curry reduction was very tasty. I absolutely loved my dish. All the seafood was cooked perfectly and the chicken and chorizo were tender and delicious. The serving size was ample for anyone to share an entree. For all items mentioned plus a few beers the bill came to around $90. Overall it was a great place to eat!

1  Thank hdaddy