“if you like Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Yes it is crowded, yes it is noisey because everyone wants to be here. I usually like a more subdued atomosphere but I love Tramonti. The food, the service and for all you get the prices are not bad. I usually go here with a group of friends and everyone loves it. It is always on our list of places to go. Christopher is fabulous and always greets you with a big smile.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Tramonti since we first purchased a holiday home in Delray Beach in 2009. We were initially a little hesitant to try it based on some reviews complaining about a bit of an arrogant attitude from some of the waiters. However right from our first visit we were hooked on the food and ambience. The food has always been absolutely delicious and of the highest quality. We loved it so much the first time, we have been back many times with friends and family when visiting Delray. We actually have spent all four of our New Years eves there with a group of 6 - 8 of us, only because the food is so fantastic and the staff has always treated us so well, that we just can't even think of going anywhere else!

Whether we have been with a larger or small group or just the two of us, it has always been packed. We don't care. It's worth the wait. There is a great (crowded but nice) bar where you can wait with a drink (I love their Manhattans) for your table. We've eaten inside and outside. Both are equally fine. We've always had a great meal.

As far as those "male waiters", I'll tell you, they're a lot more friendly than some that I met while touring Italy last year! I find if you're friendly to them, they're friendly back to you. It's that's simple.

I love Tramonti and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to go out for a nice meal. We've tried Vic & Angelo's across the street a few times and haven't bothered going back; I think the food pales in comparison to Tramonti. Off the Avenue, we love Renzo's of Boca. On the Avenue, it's Tramonti for sure for authentic delicious Italian and an atmosphere more indicative of finer dining.

Thanks to all the staff there who have made our four New Years Eve dinners at Tramonti so fantastic the past four years. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

1  Thank BahiaDelray
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Despite having a reservation there was an unexpected seating delay during a return trip here. A table nearest the sidewalk became available and had the feel that it was an add-on. This was our second consecutive visit to Tramonti where we were shuttled off to a satellite position. Unlike last year, the evening air was more conducive to outside dining. It was again our experience that the best wait staff are assigned to areas of the restaurant that don't include the outside section.
After a rough start we regrouped and settled in to enjoy some very good food and some most unusual but nevertheless entertaining pedestrian traffic some of which became unexpectedly interactive.
A seafood salad which included calamari, shrimp and olives with a lemon vinaigrette was nice. The penne carbonara was rich, creamy, ample and satisying. Gamberi fra diavolo on angel hair pasta was perfectly spiced. Seabass livornesse was a smash hit, excellently prepared with an ideal balance of olives, onions, capers and tomato accompanied by a heaping helping of broccoli rabe. However, the dish that drew the biggest raves was the Swordfish on a bed of green beans with a crisp topping of frisee which added a nice contrasting crunch. It wasn't that any one of these components ruled but the synergy of that particular grouping made it uncommonly delicious.
We were able to find suitable wines by the glass to compliment our main courses rather than having to commit to a large ticket bottle from the impressive lists.

3  Thank hiddenvacation
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was really looking forward to trying this restaurant. It is always busy and the overall ambiance is great. The staff are not the friendliest and the prices are in the tourist trap range. Although the portions are really large, I would much prefer quality over quantity at any cost. The pasta was over cooked and the shrimp were those small kind that low end restaurants use. One shrimp was actually rancid, so my meal ended at that point. Everything up until the main course was delicious, so I am not sure if it was just a bad shrimp day.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Whenever we are in Del Ray, we hit this classic Italain restaurant at least once per stay. Great homemade gravy, we love the fried mozz and a favorite of mine is the veal. Don't be intimidated by the arrogant all male servers. That's the way it is ....deal with it, stick to your guns and ask for Alex! Enjoy this great outside people watching restaurant!