“Nature Visit”

Wakodahatchee Wetlands
Reviewed April 20, 2014

A wonderful outside excursion to enjoy birds,ducks and fish in their natural environment.
You are walking on boardwalk which is also great exercise in the sunshine.

1  Thank JAM1216
Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I'm from new jersey. This my first time at this park. The neatest place to go sight seeing birds. Many nesting and baby birds.

1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I'm from the Midwest and have been to Wakodahatchee Wetlands several times and each time has been a magnificent experience. The first time i saw my first wild spoonbills, today the wetlands were covered with nests of Egrets, Commorants, Anhinga etc. and brimming over with baby birds hatching out and being fed by their parents. The boardwalk is an easy walk and every minute is interesting. I can't believe this is free, I highly recommend it.

1  Thank karen a
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is a great place for a stroll to see nature up close and personal. I think it is open 7 days a week and is free. This is unlike the wetlands in my area of Florida, which are nice, too. There were different plants, sort of bushes in the water, upon which many birds were nesting. This was a great time of year to visit, since there were many types of birds sitting on nests in the bushes with young. They could be seen quite well from the solid boardwalk. Still, to get real good looks at the birds and their babies, it is wise to bring some sort of binoculars. The boardwalk was three quarters of a mile I think, mostly over watery areas, but there were a couple of areas which had trees where you could get shade. So tips, wear a hat, sunscreen, shades and bring water on hot days. It looked like it was wheelchair accessible. If you don't like birds that much, it's still a nice place to walk, depending on the crowds. There were also turtles and large lizards and gators in places and there were nice signs along the way, explaining the types of birds, turtles, etc. It was a well designed place. Some cautions though: parking is limited and there is a guard watching so don't park in the wrong place. The bathrooms are sort of hidden across the road, but are there and there are drinking fountains there. There is no restaurant or interpretation building.

1  Thank dlmFL
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I live n Delray and only recently experienced this local attraction.
We enjoyed walking on the boardwalk and seeing all the birds, turtles, and two alligators. It is free and we are sorry to have waited s long to see this free attraction. We plan on taking the grandchildren when they come to visit. If you enjoy a nice walk and nature...do not miss!

1  Thank Beverly34179