“Nice meal,beautiful view, beautiful night”

Boston's on the Beach
Ranked #22 of 419 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Four of us went to celebrate my brother's birthday at Boston's On The Beach. It was a Saturday night in high season in Delray Beach , and even at 5:30 PM, there was about a 15 minute wait for a table outside with a great view of the beach area. This is a very popular dining venue and we've eaten here maybe 5-6 times the last 5-6 years. There is seating both inside and outside, with a bar w/seating, and plenty of TV's for sports. Menu has everything from burgers to seafood to pasta to salads. I had the meatloaf w/mashed potatoes and it was very good. My wife had the cheesburger & fries, also good.My brother had the Mahi-Mahi griiled sandwich, which he has had before, and although it initially came out "UN-CAJUNED", after a few minutes back in the kitchen, it came back out perfect. I can't remember what my niece had, but she said it was very good also. We split a decadent chocolate dessert to top off the night. Service from our waitress was outstanding, giving us good opinions on the entrees...only mediocre thing was I thought the calamari was fair, at best. Onion Rings, which came with my brother's sandwich,on the other hand, were OUTSTANDING-one of the best onion rings I've ever tasted..don't miss if you can swing the indulgence just once.....there is also live music on weekends. It really has the whole package if you're looking for view, outside/inside dining,sports, music and a nice variety of food selection, Boston's On The Beach is a nice choice.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Boston's looks like a 1990s spring break joint to the casual viewer. Inside it is a large, dark, worn, gloomy double bar with high tables. There are numerous beers on tap, a full assortment of alcohol, and a surprisingly good wine list.

Outside, however, is where Boston's shines. There is a deep porch that runs the length of the building that is cool even during the heat of the afternoon and a there is a seating area below the porch next to the sidewalk. There is no finer place in Delray to watch the crowds going to and from the beach while drinking a glass of wine. As a bonus, if you are tall enough (I am not) or stand up you can easily see the ocean.

Boston's also offers excellent bar food. We had a half pound of steamed shrimp, which came with a very nice sauce and that were excellent. On earlier trips to Boston's I also had their hamburger and fries, both of which are excellent.

We were waited on by a couple of wait persons, as well as a couple of bartenders and a manager. To a person they were friendly, helpful, and efficient, beyond what one might expect at a restaurant catering to tourists and the beach trade.

Boston's has valet parking behind the building. South bound on Ocean Avenue, enter the alley before the building. The parking is NOT very well marked and if you miss it, it's a long ride down Ocean until you can turn around. If they have it available, the bartenders will give you quarters for the meters that line Ocean Avenue.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

A must visit eatery when in Delray Beach. Good music most nights and great food, puppy friendly and a very welcoming staff. Always get a friendly welcome and feel at home.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Date/time: 5pm, Sunday Jan 2013
Appetizers: 1 order New England clam chowder, 1 order seared sesame tuna
Very good, chowder wasn't salty; tuna was seared just right (great) 5 outta 5
Meal: 2 orders Fish tacos (grilled) with sweet potato fries
Very good, but small portion for the price. Soft tortillas were a little chewy. Little to much sauce. 3 outta 5
Service: so-so, great attitude, but very slow. 3 outta 5
Price: $49.29, little steep compared to same food at other places with same quality

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I went on the Reggae night and was charged $5 cover which I didn't mind. I bought 2 Stella beers and was charged over $13 for 2 tiny cups of beers, which I felt was ridiculous. The live music was excellent, patrons were friendly and layed back, the dance floor was lively, and there were several TVs to watch sports which I liked.