“Great Local Bar!”

Pepe's Hideaway
Iowa City, IA
“Great Local Bar!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Pepe's Hideaway was a great bar to get away to from the standard touristy bars in the area. I was in the area for 3 days on business and stopped in here two of those nights. The second night the bartender (Tim) recognized me and openly welcomed me back. I even recognized some of the patrons as bartenders/waitresses in some of the other bars so this confirmed my hunch that this is a local bar. It was a somewhat younger crowd although there was a few older people in there as well. A very friendly place to hang out. Kind of tucked away in the back though, but don't let that dissuade you from going inside. The drinks were also a lot cheaper than they were in the other bars. $3 for a bottle of domestic beer. I didn't even know they served food (if they do) so cannot respond to that.

• Visited October 2013