“FUN!”
Review of City Oyster

City Oyster
Reserve with OpenTable
City Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 415 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St
Transit: Free shuttle buses
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great oysters and drinks! Date night with a busy bar crowd Sat night.
Fun and friendly Bartenders! Look foward to a return trip. Great place to
grab a cocktail and app before strolling the Ave. in Delray. One of the steady
always great Delray estashments.

There are newer reviews for City Oyster

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I travel to Delray a lot as it's become my favorite South Florida destination, and have always wanted to try City Oyster but I typically opt for more casual places because I'm usually by myself and sometimes feel uncomfortable in a hipper place like this solo.

Anywho, on my last trip down here I finally sucked it up (literally when we get to the oysters) and went in and sat at the bar and had a great meal, good drinks, good conversation, and wonderful time overall. I guess I had always looked at City Oyster as one of the more upscale places on Atlantic and thus avoided it being alone, and it is, but I was very comfortable and glad to pay for the great seafood. Within minutes of walking in the bartender was already making me feel welcome being by myself and I ended up having a nice talk with multiple couples around me who opted to get dinner at the bar.

The food was really delicious, see my attached pictures. I had raw oysters (obviously wonderful) for a starter and then scallops in a macadamia nut brown butter sauce, and I thought the lady sitting next to me was going to ask for a bite, it tasted 10x better than it looks in the picture attached and that says a lot.

I'm kicking myself for not coming here before, and certainly it will be another go-to when I'm eating and drinking my way down Atlantic.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

City Oyster is a fly-by for us. I rarely eat there because it takes too long to get a table. I will stop by for one drink while we assess our options. City Oyster has a drinkable champagne split. My friends and I drink wine. That split (not the American one) is the reason we still go to City Oyster. If you had a Bordeaux, Burgundy or Red Zin by the glass we could stop more often.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Went here on a suggestion from a friend and will be back. We were three people with three very different tastes and the menu was able to satisfy us all. Sushi excellent , oysters and selection of them excellent , tuna app excellent ! Mains were just as good the stand out of the night stuffed shrimp with jalapeño grits ! Wow ! Sounded so different had to try it was wonderful. Service also excellent and a nice wine list with a good selection by the glass ! Will be back !

Reviewed August 1, 2013

A great selection of oysters from all over the north atlantic and even thenorthwest. Went there for a birthday dinner with family and had a very good meal. Oysters for appetizers, and also a nice tuna roll by the sushi shef and then entrees. I had the shrinp with their homemade pasta and ratatoille and others had seared tuna, salmon, and a variety of seafood. Good service, very good food and a great martini.