“Not worth a return visit.”
Review of Bella Amici Pizzeria - CLOSED

Bella Amici Pizzeria
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This was a completely different pizzeria experience for me. And I can't say it was enjoyable.
Upon entering we were funneled into a narrow walkway. On the left were several panel on which were printed the numerous menu items. On the right was the food prep area with at least half a dozen pizzas with various toppings on display. Judging from the menu and the display, the restaurant specializes in pizza by the slice. Its proximity to a movie theater complex may seem like a sensible business model. However, since it takes time to read the entire menu with the many pizza topping combinations, it causes a line to form at the entrance as customers wait their turn at the menu.
Once a diner decides, there's a short walk to the cash register to place an order and pay. Not really a customer oriented system.
The clerk then hands you a pager of sorts and says that a waitstaffer will deliver the food, drinks, and utensils to your table (which you have to find yourself.)
However, when I ordered 2 slices with sausage, I was told there was no pizza with sausage available to be sold by the slice. Huh? No pizza with sausage available to be sold by the slice? Definitely something I've not heard before in a pizzeria. Especially one that promotes pizza by the slice. I guess they didn't think about making pizza with a topping on one half and a different topping on the other half. Or just adding sausage to a plain pizza.
We were a party of 8 in a mostly empty restaurant, yet our food was delivered over a period of 20 minutes...it's as if they could only reheat 2 slices at a time.
2 incorrect dishes were delivered and turned away. The correct ones were the last to arrive an the first 2 in our party had already finished their pizza.
Some of the drinks were delivered before the food and some after the food had arrived. And the waitstaff never put in another appearance for us to order more beverages. I guess it was up to us to go to the register and place the order.
The food itself was below average...some pizza underheated and some overheated.
I had the feeling the staff was too busy chatting and too inexperienced to be concerned about the customers or the business.
Bella Amici is a hybrid of a pizzeria and a fast food restaurant with neither being well executed.
Pass this one by.

1  Thank NOTyouGUYS

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The dough is frozen so don,t expect to see it being tossed like most good pizza places. This is way overpriced and they really should just give the food away as it is not worth anything.
How about $18.00 for a lousy pizza. Good lesson learned--