“Retro Fun”

Ellie's 50's Diner
Ranked #64 of 410 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Retro Fun”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stopped in for late dinner. The place was a blast for the past. Poodle skirt waitress and oldies playing greet you @ the door. Tables are good memories of my youth, chrome and vinyl. Lot's of memorabilia in closed in plexiglass. Howdy Doody puppet was just above my table and Roy Rogers on Trigger was across the way. There's a whole back room just for Marilyn Monroe. The food is typical for this dinner, good, fast and hot. The wait staff seems to enjoy the job and the people would frequent this place. Fun blast for the past & would go again.

• Visited December 2013

Florida, United States
“Decent!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Can only attest to the breakfast which was excellent and cooked perfectly to order. Prices I found to be average to "slightly below" average , meaning budget friendly. Coffee wasn't the greatest for $2 per cup. All staff friendly and prompt, judging by overheard conversations many regulars dine there. Place was exceptionally clean. Now my only complaints are: 1. It's a great 50's atmosphere but it's TOO DARK ! At 10 am on a Saturday please open blinds to let the sunshine in. 2. My coffee cup was dirty-it looked like it hadn't been washed-wasn't coffee slop because the coffee stains were faded on the outside. Waitress never said anything but promptly brought another. All in all, a good experience and I would eat there again. The rest of the menu for lunch and dinner looked reasonable also.

• Visited November 2013
Delray Beach, FL
“A time voyage without the nausea”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I are "of that certain age." Suffice it to say that, for us, Kennedy is not a figure in the history books. This means we have a certain fondness for places like Ellie's. The food is good; the portions, generous, and if the prices would have given heart attacks to our younger selves, we accept the dime cokes are one with the dinosaurs.

One recent improvement was the intentional anachronism of credit card payment. A few years ago, Ellie's was cash only.

The wait staff very attentive, and the portions are so large that it's a rare occasion when I don't get at least a snack from the "doggy bag". More often, I get enough so I have a second meal.

• Visited September 2013
York, Nebraska
“5 Stars for Ellie's 50's Diner”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I came across Ellie's 50's Diner on our drive today. We've recently moved to Florida and we're trying out new restaurants. First off, they are located conveniently in Delray Beach. When we walked in the front doors we were instantly greeted by staff. The waitress is dressed in 50's style and very friendly, she showed us to our table. I always people watch and noticed this restaurant is filled with all ages .... all walks of life. We were served our drinks promptly, and we ordered our lunch. Shortly after, we were served the BIGGEST cheeseburger I think I've ever seen ( and we're originally from the Midwest!), the French fries were tasty too. Every vegetable on our cheeseburger was fresh, the bacon was crisp and I don't think we could have asked for a better experience! My husband who normally will complain or pick through his food....complimented our waitress 3x's. That's my review for Ellie's 50's Diner. I look forward to going back and trying another great dish!

• Visited August 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“Its just OK”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times with the family, it really used to be better, place is clean and the food is not bad but its nothing to brag aboit either. The whole place is decorated 50s style....

• Visited August 2013