“Just okay.”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Just okay.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Every time I go to Outback Steakhouse, regardless of which one the food is always mediocre. The quality overall is just not great at all. Not that I was expecting a great steak, but everything down to the salads and chicken dishes are just average. I have never had a good experience with the service either. The one and only reason I ever go is because I receive gift cards from my guests I work with. Wouldn't recommend.

• Visited October 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Great steak, reasonably priced”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Often I find when dining out in America that the food is very much quantity based rather than quality based. Not so here. Great value for money, excellent piece of steak, great service from our waitress Hayley and just the right amount.

We had been keen to find a decent steak restaurant but with the likes of Ruth Chris and Mortons charging $40 for a steak this was more than a worthy compromise.

• Visited March 2013
Grand Bend
“Aussie Aussie Aussie!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have visited the Outback Chain several times in our trips across Canada and The US. Our experiences have often been up and down. Our visit to the Delray Franchise was different. We arrived in the middle of a very busy happy hour on a Friday night. Despite the lineup, we were able to sit at the bar and enjoy the privilege of a two for one Australian Chardonnay, always my favorite. We had the option to eat at the bar, but our remote buzzer rang and we were comfortably seated in the main dining area. Despite the commotion of the weekend crowd, the service was terrific. We enjoyed the house salad and warm bread and would have been satisfied just with that, except for the surf and turf which was promptly served. The Maine Lobster Tail was to die for. We were so full after consuming the "surf" that we had to take the "turf" home. We will return to this outlet soon and often

Visited February 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
“We will be back!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I missed lunch so we had an early dinner at the Outback Steakhouse at 1300 Linton Blvd. in Delray Beach at 5:00 PM. It was our first visit. As we approached the door of the restaurant, it was opened for us by a staff member. It was less than half full at that time so we were seated immediately. I asked our waitress, Connie, if they had a Happy Hour and she said there were some beverages available in a special 2 for 1 deal. I wanted wine and my husband wanted a beer and Connie assured us we could use the special deal for one wine and one beer.

My husband chose the Steak and Seafood Mixed Grill consisting of sirloin steak, scallops and shrimp accompanied by mango salsa and a dressed baked potato. He chose the smaller steak (9 oz.) and the price for his dinner was $16.99. I chose the Norwegian Grilled Salmon and seasonal mixed vegetables with sauce on the side. The sauce was remoulade and I asked if I could have the mango salsa instead. Connie wasn’t sure so I told her to forget it and just give me the remoulade.

Connie then brought our drinks followed by a small loaf of dark bread and butter. The bread was mushy instead of crusty but we each had a taste and then ignored it. My husband’s medium rare steak was cooked as ordered. There were only a few shrimp and scallops but he said everything was very tasty and he was totally satisfied. I was very pleased when Connie brought my salmon with both sauces on the side. The fillet was small but excellent. There was a slight crust from the grill and it was tender inside. My fresh veggies were cooked perfectly.

Towards the end of our meal, the Manager stopped at our table to ask if everything was okay. We praised the food and the service but did mention our disappointment with the bread. She apologized and told us that if it happened again, we should feel free to send it back and get a replacement.

Our total bill for dinner, drinks for two plus tax came to $39.47. The food was tasty and the service was excellent. When we left the restaurant, a different member of the staff held the door open for us. We will be back!

• Visited January 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great meal- ok service.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Enjoyable quality steak and sides despite it being a national chain. We went in with low expectation and left very satisfied with appetizers, soups, steak and sides. Dessert was great too. Our individual server was a bit inefficient and forgot an appetizer but hey- the food was good so no biggie.

Visited December 2012