“As good as any NYC neighborhood Chinese restaurant”
Review of Bird Nest Tree

Bird Nest Tree
Ranked #170 of 435 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I have been to the Bird Nest Tree restaurant three times and it has been consistently very good. Their combination 3 course dinner varies in price from $10.25 (chow mein) to $11.55 (half lobster cantonese). I ordered the orange beef and thoroughly enjoyed it. The portion was too large for me to finish. Others at our table ordered a chicken dish and eggplant with garlic sauce. The eggplant was especially good. The soups are excellent, although I like my hot and sour soup a bit more hot (spicy). One minor quibble - the pork fried rice has very little pork in it.
Popoo

2  Thank Popoo

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have to totally disagree with the review about the General Tso's chicken. Don't get me wrong, Silver Wok had good food, but their General Tso can't hold a candle to Bird's Nest. Bird's Nest uses only white meat of the chicken. It is not breaded too much to the point that the breading comes off like other places. The sauce is spectacular and goes great with both the white and the brown rice.

Another dish we absolutely love is their Singapore Noodle. We used to get that from China Garden, but someone in the kitchen must have changed because it is not good anymore. Bird Nest puts just the right amount of veggies and meat in their Singapore Noodle and just the right amount of sauce and spice. Oh my mouth is just watering thinking about it. And the portion???? Oh my goodness it is so much food!!!!

I think the atmosphere in the place is what gives it it's charm. The staff is very friendly and when they recognize you are a repeat customer, you are like family and they treat you as such. Hands down we love Bird Nest Tree. Try it for yourself and you will see why they keep getting such rave reviews in the local papers.

1  Thank Mrsrrmck
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Very attentive staff serving ordinary Chinese food. The best value was the 1 1/4 lb lobster for $ 13.99 but they were out of it.

1  Thank Rschagrin
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I tried the General Tao's chicken from this place is and it was the worst I've ever had. It tasted like they mixed a lot of soy sauce with some sweet sauce that just created a really weird and unsatisfying flavor. The chicken is also very soggy. I don't know how this place stays in business with their food tasting like that.

Inside the restaurant has no windows, is dark and crammed...

Stay away. For GOOD General Tao's, go to Silver Wok!

1  Thank Soflo86
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is one of the best Chinese places in Delray - the dumplings are better than anyone elses around and the selection is like being in NY. The prices are great and we have always had good service there

1  Thank Shelley H