“Outside of NYC, this is the place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 3 G's Gourmet Deli

3 G's Gourmet Deli
Ranked #27 of 405 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
columbia, MD
“Outside of NYC, this is the place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

An authentic, old-fashioned Jewish deli. On a weekend night we were told there would be an hour long wait, so we returned the next day for lunch. My wife marveled over how good her matzoh ball soup was. Everything we had was first rate.

We are old. The restaurant was large and all tables filled. Apparently, there wasn't a customer who wasn't a senior citizen.

A very large menu.

Delray Beach Fl.
“Best Deli in SO. FL.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have to say that compared to other so called "Jewish Style Deli`s" in Florida ,3 G`s is the best. Their Rye bread is the closest thing to New York bakery bread. Nothing makes a sandwich taste better than fresh bread. All the soups are very satisfying as is the chopped liver.
The traditional deli meat tastes just like the deli`s I grew up with in N Y.
The only time you do not have a wait for a table is between 2:30 and 4:30. This goes on all year long even during the summer. Their dinners are so so and everything is pretty expensive but you get what you pay for
as the saying goes. Given a choice, nothing else in the area comes close. Wait staff is generally good but the feeling of being rushed through a meal so that tables can be turned over is rather uncomfortable.

• Visited February 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Food, But...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Our party of 6 have been eating there for many years and keep coming back for more. Its jewish food made by your grandmother. We have had almost everything on the menu and it all has been very good. You can feel safe ordering anything on the menu as its all good. Now comes the negative! The staff from the manager down could use a class on manners and how to treat people. A busboy spilled a glass of water on several people in my party. OK accident...can happen to anyone. They cleaned it up and not one person said "I'm Sorry". They manager came over and gave US a dirty look. When the manager was walking in between tables and bumped into me, not even an "excuse me." After one visit we were on our way out and the waitress came running after us and said to me "This tip is not enough (and even though it was about 16%) I need more." She gave me the tip back and stood there waiting for more money. I took the money and put it in my pocket and said "your service sucked anyway, you"re right, 16% was way too much for you. Her reply was you $%&$#&@!&. I found the manager and told him the story. He answer was shocking. He said. go give her some more money, she lives on her tips as he lite up a cigarette. Maybe if you paid her more she could live on 16% tip. The place is run by jerks.
Not all servers are this bad. Several are quite nice.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rodney J
Palm Beach, Florida
“May I Never Return, Please”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

There's something sad about a deli that, at 10:30am is filled with 80+ people from New York who will likely have dinner here again before 6pm. That said, breakfast was excellent as was the our server who, like the clientele was 80+ and from New York. As for the "busboys" dumping spent dishes into large plastic tubs, what can I tell you? I didn't know to pay our server so I went to the cashier who gave me a lecture on protocol..........but she took the money. I hope never to return.

1 Thank doug100worth
Hillsdale, New Jersey
“You know you're not in New York”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

OK, we decided that because they serve so many elderly people, the proper way to make corned beef, pastrami, tongue, etc cannot be done in this restaurant otherwise too many people would croak. The tongue tasted like glatt kosher, none of the meats were any good. None of us felt as if we had to put our head under a faucet....the potato pancakes were burnt, the matzo ball soup had no taste. The babka was dry, their famous rye bread was stale. The only good thing there was their Dr. Browns soda. Awful, awful. Don't understand the lines waiting to get in. Forget the sad faced waitstaff.

• 1 of 5 bubbles