“Great eating experience”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very good portions, quality and preparation of all food.

Nice atmosphere and a very sizable menu, with large portions, all reasonably priced.

Staff are quick and efficient and appreciate being treated with respect, which is sometimes lacking from the "older less patient clientele.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Around mealtime, 3 G's is usually very busy, and there is a long waiting time in season. They offer a complete meal, which includes homemade desserts. Their sandwiches are very enjoyable, and the fries are seasoned and tasty. I have had the turkey dinner, knockwurst, cornish hen, stuffed cabbage, etc., and have never had a bad meal there or had to return anything. They also have homemade rye and challah bread. They also offer take-out on some deli and bakery items. On a Saturday night during the season, you might have to wait more than 1 hour to be seated.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

There's a reason that people line up for a meal at 3G's. It's the delicious food, served in huge portions and always with a smile. Their rye bread, baked on the premises is worrth the trip all by itself. Served warm from the oven, loaded with caraway seeds, it's eaten by many diners with nothing more than the house deli style mustard or just slathered with butter.
Last night our table of seven enjoyed a wide variety of old fashioned Jewish style food. The kids relished the matzoh balls. The chopped liver was as good as any I've ever had. The other full dinners served at our table included stuffed cabbage, lamb shanks (a huge portion) and delicious crispy potato crusted filet of sole. All dinners include 2 sides (great kasha varnishkes, potato pancakes, garlic mashed potatoes and lots more). Our waitress, Bonnie couldn't have been more efficient or nicer.
Popoo

1  Thank Popoo
Reviewed June 29, 2012

WE went with another couple who raved about the place. We waited off season for 30 minutes. My husband ordered a corned beef sandwich with came with coleslaw. He said the meat and bread were exceptional. It was not a huge portion but was a hefty price. Our friends ordered meat platters with turkey and corned beef. They had kasha on the side. They liked it. I was not hungry so I ordered an eggwhite omelet with veggies and swiss cheese. It was done nicely and had no salt which was great. I ordered tomatoes in place of potatoes. It was as good as an omelet can be. Their rye bread is unbelievable. Our waitress was a little off as far as getting everything but it was so busy and she was nice. I will not rush back but it was an okay meal at an okay price.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I have been customers for more than 15 years and, sadly, have noticed a definite decline in food quality and customer service over these last 18 months. The latest experience happened recently with lunch

Yesterday, we ordered their soup and sandwhich lunch special. First, our order took way too long to get filled. Other customers who were seated after us and who had ordered the same menu items were well into their meal by the time our food came. Second, The Hot Corned Beef sandwhich was a real disappointment. It wasn't hot, or warm for that matter, and the meat was tough and rubbery, not at all like the tender, flake in your mouth, consistency we've come to expect at 3G's (and in NY). This meat toughness has been happening for a few months and is, to us, a decline the quality. We no longer order CB to take out and eat at home. I also enjoy their locally made potato knishes as they are a fond, childhood reminder of the old Mrs Stahl's in Brighton Beach. Yesterday I again ordered the knish, as I usually do when I eat there, but this time it was served cold and was crushed almost flat. You NEVER want to eat a cold knish and it should NEVER be served that way! I sent it back and the server asked if I wanted to substitue a cabbage roll instead. I said yes, and when the bill came, I was charged $2.00 extra for the cabbage roll, not the price that should have been as a substitute. Even at McDonalds or Burger King, when they mess up the order, they'll offer to supersize the fries or add a burger to "make it right" for customer satisfaction. At 3G's, when I spole to the Manager, Glen, he was not at all interested in making the experience "right". It's too bad. 3G's used to be a great place for NY Deli style food, a business lunch, or a place to take visitors for a meal that didn't disappoint. I believe it no longer is the great place it used to be, and for me, that's a shame.