“Not worth the trip” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa di Pepe

Casa di Pepe
Ranked #134 of 405 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NW 2nd Street
Boca Raton
“Not worth the trip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

This restaurant is located in the Pineapple Grove area of Delray Beach where there is no lack of restaurant choices. We happened upon it quite by accident and thought we'd give it a try. That was a mistake - I ordered the pumpkin ravioli that was just cheese filled pasta with an orange colored sauce and it wasn't very good. My husband ordered the linguine with vongole (clams) and although the clams were plentiful, the dish was tasteless. It seemed as though the forgot to use any garlic, parsley or other seasoning. I think it is a garlic-free establishment. The bread that was served was dry and had no flavor. We sent it back and the next basket the server brought us was worse than the first. I think it was a day old and just reheated. Don't waste your money.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marianne M

Delray Beach, Florida
“"Little Italy meets Delray Beach"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Wonderful little trattoria with an outdoor (and heated) patio area, perfect for small gatherings or private romantic dinners.

This "off the beaten path" restaurant (but not far from Atlantic Avenue) offers great Italian dishes made from scratch~including some of chef Jerry's own family recipes!

Casa de Pepe is a "must try" dining establishment. On Saturday evenings~ there is live music~ a keyboard/vocalist who quietly adds ambience to this great little place along Pineapple Grove Way.

Worth a stroll off the hustle and bustle of Atlantic Avenue! You are promised to have a great evening of fine dining, attentive service and great music.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Karen6422
Delray Beach florida
“one ot the best in Delray beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

This guy is good ! I tried an octopus salad to start. There were a dozen chunks of suuculent tasty octopus in a great dressing. I picked the swordfish special (one of 8 specials). The pasta was Jerrys home made linguni made al dente, just the way i love it !!!
This restaurant is a "keeper"

• Visited December 2012
Sedona, Arizona
“Unexpected Find in Delray Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We just had one of the best dining experiences that my wife and I have had since our last trip to Italy. While visiting from Sedona, AZ we experienced great service, nice atmosphere and excellent food. Sauces of exquisite lightness and taste; chicken to perfection; wonderful homemade pasta and a great wine selection. The bruschetta, mussels and calamari were reminiscent of a delightful waterfront restaurant near Catania. If you're ever in the area try it and don't pass up the dessert.

Brick, New Jersey
“Excellent find in Delray”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Glad I read the TA review. It's always great to find a wonderful restaurant in DB that doesn't have Boca prices or snobbery. Jerry, the owner and chef greeted us and made us feel at home. When I asked for pasta puttanesca, he not only made it for me, but let me have it as a side dish so I could experience his chicken marsala. The marsala had 2 nice sized breasts in an excellent sauce. The dining companions had zuppa di pesce, red snapper (wonderful), and a sausage dish. Everyone raved about the food and most had enough for a take-home meal. Desserts were also exceptional, with Jerry's mom's biscotti, a not-too sweet, but rich fruit cobbler and tiramisu. Finally, kudos to Jerry for proudly posting a Human Rights Campaign sticker on the front door. Thanks!

Can't wait until my next trip to Delray (hopefully in January) so I can return to Casa di Pepe!

• 4 of 5 bubbles