“A Fabulous Authentic Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa di Pepe

Casa di Pepe
Ranked #130 of 407 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NW 2nd Street
Chester, Connecticut, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Fabulous Authentic Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

After traveling all over the world, it was refreshing to fine such authentic Italian cuisine so close to home. The spicy Shrimp Fra Diavolo was fabulous. The sauce , which was delicately balanced but robust in flavor, was particularly good and reminiscent of the sauce prepared by a fabulous Italian chef I knew as child. The veal and chicken Marsala were remarkable. Both were tender and prepared to perfection. The sauce had a bit of sweetness which complemented both the chicken and the veal. When asked about the sweetness, the chef was eager to share his secret: Sweet Marsala! The other guest had the Pasta Basilico. The delicate sauce was a perfect blend of spices. We also loved the Bruschetta a la Calabrese. The fresh tomatoes, basil, olives, garlic and onions were well conceived. Lastly, the Danzante Chianti was one of the best we have tasted. For the money, this may be the best place to dine in Delray Beach!!!!! When I asked about Braciole and if it is ever on the menu, Chef Jerry invited me to join him in the kitchen to learn to prepare it. This is a jewel of a restaurant where everyone from the chef to all of the staff is excited to making your evening the best! And, as an added bonus, there is a wonderful guitarist, Franco Branco, who will adds greatly to the ambiance! Good news....there is no cover!!!!

• Visited December 2011

“Casa Di Pepe is an absolute delicious find, the food, service and atmosphere far out way "the ave" options.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

Dinner with my wife and 7 yr old daughter was perfect! Food was wonderful and the service warm and friendly. A nice change from the "take a number attitude" from avenue restaurants. It's few and far between to find an owner greeting people at the front and helping the kitchen in between. We will be back! RI

Ambridge, Pennsylvania
“Buono Pepe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

The food served at Casa di Pepe was flavorful and plentiful. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I had the veal parmigiana and my wife the chicken marsala. Both tasted very good. I particularly liked the flavor of my marinara sauce and the veal was very good quality and tasty also. The house wines are nice and the calamari appetizer was excellent. We were very fortunate to have had a Living Social special offer, but at face value the meal would be a pleasure and is definitely worthwhile. We'll be back and recommend the restaurant to lovers of Italian food.

Davie, Florida
“Excellent italian food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

I went to celebrate my birthday. I love italian food and loves to eat in italian retaurants that are "actually" italian oriented. I was delighted with their service and quality of the food. I also absolutely loved the italian singer with her guitar. I will recommend it 100%. It reminded me little italy in NYC.

2 Thank marialeb
Boca Raton, Florida
“Exceptional food and service- and the owner ensures a great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

I just love this restaurant. It may not have a known chef behind it or corporate backers but I would stand by the quality and service to any of those restaurants. Jerry the chef owner is there to ensure you have a great time and enjoy his freshly made food. I had the local mahimahi tonight and it was incredible. The tomato sauce is light, no oil and flavored just right with basil. My husband had the porcini ravioli and asked for just olive oil on them with a hint of garlic. Amazing!! Please take a detour off Atlantic Ave and walk north on 2nd Ave to Casa di Pepe and enjoy truly fresh and delicious food. Remember support local business which helps the local economy.

1 Thank mcgoldrickslowfood