“Avoid lunchtime until they get their act together.”
Review of Casa di Pepe - CLOSED

Casa di Pepe
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NW 2nd Street
Parkland, Florida
“Avoid lunchtime until they get their act together.”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Yesterday was their first day being open for lunch. Not sure why they picked to open during a busy street festival - they were woefully unprepared. Service was excruciatingly slow, even with a limited menu. For a party of 3, not all of the food was delivered together. To me, that is unacceptable. I also do mot like constant apologies from the owner or manager - if you have a problem, fix it.
As for the food, I was not fond of the wrap I ordered, and the Individual pizza we got was just fair. My either did like her eggplant partitions, though.

• Visited November 2011

Franklin, Massachusetts
“An exceptional dining experience.”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The red checkered napkins were a draw to the patio, but it was the attentive, professional server,Noah, and the best calamari we Bostonians have ever tasted that began our dining experience. The variety and quality of the warm homemade breads was outstanding. Pepe, the owner and chef, visited our table to sincerely ask if everything was satisfactory. My husband had Piatto Di Mare and raved about it. I had Parrardelle homemade pasta with the largest meatball I've ever seen.It was delicious. I couldn't finish it all, so I took it home for a nice day after treat.I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Lynne Morgan, Children's author. Boston

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank lynne m
Delray Beach, Florida
“Not close to the best in Delray”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I live in NY and Delray. I went with my friends to try this place out relying on its top rating in Tripadvisor. My review is very mediocre in all phases. Based on its previous reviews I was very disappointed.

Visited August 2011
Miami, Florida
“Great for a Group”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I ate at Casa di Pepe on July 13 with 10 business associates. We had a very spacious table which was ready when arrived. From the moment we walked in, we were treated like family. Jerry and John,the owners, greeted us warmly and made us feel at home. Joe, the server was so friendly and professional. He was very attentive and handled our group with ease. The food was fabulous! We started with a salad that was very fresh and crisp. Everyone had something different on the menu and each item was delicious. The pasta is fresh made, sauces light and flavorful, meat cooked to tender perfection and the vegetables extremely fresh. We shared a few mango cobblers and creme brulees for dessert which were also delicious. The creme brulee was sinfully creamy and smooth. The mango cobbler tasted so fresh (we found out the mangoes are from Jerry's tree!) and the topping added a delightful crunch.
Our group had a wonderful time and enjoyed the food immensely. We all agreed that it was one of the best Italian restaurants we have been to (and many of us are Italian!). Guaranteed, each one of us will return again and again.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank LucindaR_11
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great Authentic Italian Food Not to Be Missed”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I dined at this new restauarnt with a few collegues, all of us trained chefs and in the food business (and all Italian). We were so delighted with the quality, service and menu offerings we can't wait to go back. Jerry Pepe, one of the owners was in the dining room between overseeing the kitchen to ensure his guests were happy. He brings in mangos from his backyard tree to include in delicious desserts and fresh eggs from his own chickens. This small restaurant with outdoor seating is in the up and coming Pineapple Grove area and provides guests with a noncommercial dining option as opposed to the Atlantic Ave. restaurants. I encourage all to visit Casa di Pepe to enjoy hard to find authentic Italian food prepared by people who care. Very affordable for the quality also.

• Visited July 2011