“If you like pubs, here's your spot”

Blue Anchor British Pub
Ranked #43 of 412 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: 150-Year-old London pub, shipped piece by piece across the pond to Delray Beach and opened in 1996 on exciting Atlantic Avenue. We specialize in great British and American comfort food, live bands 4 nights a week and a daily Happy Hour, 11:30am til 7pm, Mon-Fri and til 3pm at weekends. Enjoy the very best of British food and fun every day!
Delray Beach, Florida
“If you like pubs, here's your spot”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The husband loves this place. Me, it's a little vinegary and old school, but hey it's a pub. Location is great and drinks are always flowing.

Visited August 2014

Lantana
“Shoe-sole prime rib”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The rarest prime rib (Sunday special) offered had the texture of a shoe sole, the Yorkshire pudding was hard as a rock...probably re-toasted or reheated several times before making it's way to my plate...it was so burned and hard that I thought it was covered with burned cheese...throughout; you no longer have a choice of a queen or king's cut. A lot has changed for the worse since my last visit here few years ago.
The only good thing about their Sunday prime rib dinner special was the guinness. Guess they haven't figured out how to screw that up...yet.
Never going back. It's sad to lose a place that used to be so good with reliable quality of food. Sadly that's no longer the case.

• Visited August 2014
Pickerington, Ohio
“Dissapointment”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was in town for a visit with one of my best friends, and happen to be from England, so she wanted to take me to the Blue Anchor as a treat and some "back home" food.
I was intrigued by the all the English food items that were available on the menu, and really wanted to try the Steak and Ale pie!
I ordered it with peas and "chips" (English for french fries).
When the food came out, I was presented with tons and tons of french fries that looked like they came from Wendy's or Burger King, some canned peas, and my "Steak and Ale Pie".....
I couldn't believe what they served me! It was a grocery store pastry shell, with regular old beef stew (meat, carrots, potatoes and celery) poured inside, and a weird little puff pastry patch placed on top!
There is no way that this would have been acceptable in any British pub, and had no resemblance to any British steak and ale pie!
So needless to say, I was disappointed.
The English lady who was our server was very nice, and the pub surroundings resembled an English establishment though.
Would not go back to eat there again.

• Visited July 2014
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Awesome Brit Pub in great Atlantic Ave Delray Beach location”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great food, great selection of great beer on tab (and very good wine by the glass and spirits selection as well) and GREAT service. I been now numerous times and every time the service is friendly and knowledgable and every item on the menu I have tried has exceeded my expectations. I've lived in London and can tell you, in some ways, this is better than my local pubs on the other side of the pond. The chef must not just be content with equalling the brit pub food experience ... he wants to make it better and he has. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2014
Miami, Florida
“steak and kidney pie”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

After many years of going to this great pub...what a shock I had when I was served ground beef for this English Dish instead of chucks of beef....shame on you....your food has lost it's English flavor. The food used to be much better.

• Visited June 2014