“Food, Cleaniness & Service”

Poppies Restaurant & Deli
Ranked #116 of 412 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Poppies Restaurant and Delicatessen is a family owned business serving Delray Beach, Fl since 1986. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week from 7:00am-8:00pm. We provide a full catering service for parties, shiva, office meetings or the like. For other orders we deliver through Delivery Dudes. Poppies has a party room which accommodates up to 40 people. We welcome families with small children at all times. We look forward to meeting you abd hope you will come by to say hello.
Delray Beach, Florida
“Food, Cleaniness & Service”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I had been a supporter of Poppies for several years but things started to change. The place started to look dirty and bathrooms were not kept clean. I have been served rancid food and been asked to pay for it by the owner no less. Today because Toojays was closed for a complete renovation in the Polo shopping center, I sent my husband over to Poppies pick up 1/2 a loaf of rye bread. What could be bad or go wrong. He came home with 6 slices and was charged for a 1/2 loaf. Unless I am wrong there are more than 12 slices in in full loaf. This place should be checked out by Better Business, the local Chamber of Commerce, if they belong and the Health Department.
A Former Customer

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank SKA617

“The BEST in Delray Beach!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Go here! Amazing breakfast and wonder deli. The food is fresh, well prepard and the verious options are awesome. Live this place. :)

Boca Raton, Florida
“Consistently Good”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Having been here several times it is safe to say that the food is consistent and always good. The bagels are quite good (considering it's Florda water) and the sandwiches are nicely made and quite tasty. The corned beef and pastrami are always a good choice.

Charleston, South Carolina
“THE BEST Chopped Chicken Liver to go & great Sercice at the Counter!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Wow what a place!!! What spreads and choices!!! The GINORMOUS Black and White Cookies the Chocolate Bobka's and other sweets....the deli salads, the meats, fishes, knishes...I'm giving myself the 'vapors' just writing this out! We don't have any Jewish Deli's in Charleston, SC and that's a "SHANDA"!!! A SHANDA I say!!! This Poppies Restaurant and Deli could make some serious 'bank' if they wanted to open up a location here in the Low Country!!! The closes thing we we have is Publix and their deli's don't even have chopped chicken liver! Please come feed us up here, we'll pay! We have a big ole tribe of folks hungry!!!

BTW, LOVED the ginormous amount of chopped chicken liver schmeared on my wheat bagel! *gasp* there was enough for 2 more w/that giant scoop the clerk put down on my wheat! Tasty and delicious! I should have ordered extra bagels!

Visited August 2012
boynton beach
“we had a bad experence”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

we went on a tues night with a certif, service was fine , my wife ordered chicken livers for dinner,they were rancid,bitter and sour. i tasted also to confirm our waitress took it back and then bought out a brisket that was so dry and the sauce that came with it tasted like a can sauce not suitable for this meat.I had stuffed cabagge were the meat had no taste nor did the sauce do anything for it. I HAVE TO COMPARE THEM TO 3 G,S no contest here 3gs wins hands down. from soup to nuts it is 4 star to poppies 1 star..

• Visited May 2012