“Small family sushi joint with high quality food and nice atmosphere”

Furin Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 410 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Delray Beach, Florida
“Small family sushi joint with high quality food and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Having previously been unsuccessful with Furin waiting 40 mins for a take out order when they were busy, and been successful on another occasion with another take out that impressed, we tried eating in tonight.

It was much better than expected. Between the four of us we ordered three rolls, and a plate of Chirashi. The Chirashi was the best dish even though it had imitation crab sticks and a prawn sushi neither of which i understand. Both were edible but not in the same league as the Red Snapper sashimi which was outstanding.

The best roll was the Red Dragon roll which was 9/10 and while we had the Mexican Roll that was recommended by a previous reviewer, we didn't rate it as highly.

We wanted to walk down Atlantic Avenue after dinner so we didn't order deserts but the bill for 4 including tea was under $60 which was good.

If i was to be slightly less charitable, it would have been good to have been offered brown rice green tea and perhaps real tea leaves rather than a tea bag but that was a minor thing and would not worry most.

We will be going back for sure.

• Visited December 2011

Boca Raton, Florida
“So sushi good !!”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I based my visit to Furin 100% on the Trip Advisor reviews. It is a small place, but they try hard to please with the decor and attentive service. My only criticism is that they try a little too hard and don't give you the space to enjoy the wonderful food they deliver. Also they have a fish tank with very cute fish, which my daughter loved.

delray beach Fl
“Best sushi in Delray, don't be put off by location”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We have been going here for years our children grew up eating sushi there, all their high school lunches and celebrations were there, when they came home during college visits our first trip was always Furin. We only compare sushi in other parts of the country to Furin as our gauge. It is a sweet little family restaurant with excellent quality sushi, we love the staff there and they welcome us like family when we come in. It is not downtown, but worth the few extra minutes to get there. We love everything, but the Mexican roll is a family favorite.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank delrayoldtimer
Boston
“Still amazing after all these years.....”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

My husband and I found this restaurant almost 10 years ago when his folks moved to Delray Beach. The food has consistently been excellent year after year. We have rarely had to wait for a table, the sushi is creative, well presented, and reasonably priced. As most restaurants in this part of Florida it's in a strip mall. Outside and inside are nothing special in terms of decor, but it's comfortable, fresh, and a nice treat when in the area.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank sueBoston
Delray Beach, FL
“Fantastic Food and Good Service”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

After hearing good things about Furin my wife and I finally managed to make it there for dinner last night. We walked in to find a table of 14 had been seated just before we arrived. As that table took up at least 50% of the restaurant I was a little nervous about how service would be. I need not have worried. We ordered steamed dumplings - fresh and delicious. My wife had the earlybird Thai dinner - $12.95 for miso soup, salad with ginger dressing, 2 spring rolls, and a dish of shrimp pad thai. A great price for very fresh and wonderfully delicious food. I enjoyed the lobster roll (which was on special for $2.00 off the menu price... I can't resist a sale). The roll was exceptional - fresh with just the right amount of spice and flavor. Most every sushi chef seems to have his own take on the lobster roll/lobster bomb. This version was among the tastiest I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying.
This place is going to become a regular part of our dining out experience as we live only minutes away. I can't wait to get back there to try other sushi offerings as the menu is extensive. It should take me enjoyable years to get through it all. Who would have thought that we would find such a gem in strip mall in Delray Beach?

• Visited January 2011