“Crowded for a reason”

Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Swinton and 1st
Description: Thirty Two East opened in 1996 on the site of an old auction house in Delray Beach’s Historic Neighborhood. It was met with instant critical success and has continued to be identified with a distinctive yet approachable menu. 32 East generates a vibrant atmosphere for savoring delicious food, attracting savvy guests and exceptional critical reviews. Chef John Thomas continues in 32 East’s lineage of contemporary American style while innovating with a novel approach all his own. His menu changes daily to accommodate only the freshest seasonal ingredients from around the country. A full service bar and award-winning wine list complement the dining experience.
delray beach fla.
“Crowded for a reason”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I have been going to 32 since it opened, and I Just dont get the really harsh negative reviews. Yes it is crowded, and yes, sometimes it takes a while to get a table even with a reservation, thats what the bar is for, the prices are certainly not for the budget diner,and the food does take some time to arrive. However, I come here to dine and enjoy beautiful food and wine. And that is exactly what you can expect here, The food is always really good, some times its just incredible, the service is always great, including the bar staff, which are far better than most. And dining outside for the lighting of the Christmas tree across the avenue has become a great tradition every year Im sure even 32 east can have an off night, I guess we have just been lucky , because its always a treat for us!

Fairfield County, CT
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I have just read the last few reviews and as a long standing customer, I just have to dial in. We have a vacation home in Delray Beach and have had MANY meals there over the last 3 years. We have never had spoiled food or bad service. In fact the service is always amazing. The food is always creatively prepared and the menu changes nightly. I would strongly encourage you to give it a try!

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful - AVOID”
Reviewed March 6, 2010

We had a reservation for 10. I made it 2 weeks prior to arriving. I talked on the phone 2x with the hostess the day of the reservation, to confirm. Fifty minutes after we arrived we still were not seated. They were seating others fine - just our party was a problem. The owner eventually escorted us to his other restaurant down the street and bought us drinks and appetizers. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS. No one goes there any more because its too crowded and they treat their customers like dirt.

delray beach florida
“worst waiter in Delray”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I never write a review after just one dinner. I always go at least 3 o 4 times to really give a place a fair review. Every time we went it was a week night and we had a reservation. Last Thursday night we were a party of four. We waited for a table in the dinning room because we did not want to eat in the bar. The food is good (not as great as most people say). The waiters and waitresses always seem to be pushing something (last week it was the halibut) it was very dry and seemed to be a little over cooked. All this was fine I can deal with all of that. The problem was the waiter. He was so not attentive and just about thru the food at us. The setting is very nice and the prices are not cheap so finish it off with training your waiters.

delray beach florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I got food poisioning from spoiled scallops”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I recently dined at 32 East and the scallops I ordered were slimy. I complained to the waiter who said he would take them back to the kitchen. They came back slimy again and I felt sure they were the same I had just returned. When I commented the waiter said that was the way they were supposed to be cooked.

I was sick for several days after I ate them and I am sure I was right. Since then I have talked to several people who had a similar observation. Perhaps they are trying to save money at the customer's expense.

1 Thank lsb13