“worst waiter in Delray”

Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Swinton and 1st
Description: Thirty Two East opened in 1996 on the site of an old auction house in Delray Beach’s Historic Neighborhood. It was met with instant critical success and has continued to be identified with a distinctive yet approachable menu. 32 East generates a vibrant atmosphere for savoring delicious food, attracting savvy guests and exceptional critical reviews. Chef John Thomas continues in 32 East’s lineage of contemporary American style while innovating with a novel approach all his own. His menu changes daily to accommodate only the freshest seasonal ingredients from around the country. A full service bar and award-winning wine list complement the dining experience.
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I never write a review after just one dinner. I always go at least 3 o 4 times to really give a place a fair review. Every time we went it was a week night and we had a reservation. Last Thursday night we were a party of four. We waited for a table in the dinning room because we did not want to eat in the bar. The food is good (not as great as most people say). The waiters and waitresses always seem to be pushing something (last week it was the halibut) it was very dry and seemed to be a little over cooked. All this was fine I can deal with all of that. The problem was the waiter. He was so not attentive and just about thru the food at us. The setting is very nice and the prices are not cheap so finish it off with training your waiters.

Reviewed February 27, 2010

I recently dined at 32 East and the scallops I ordered were slimy. I complained to the waiter who said he would take them back to the kitchen. They came back slimy again and I felt sure they were the same I had just returned. When I commented the waiter said that was the way they were supposed to be cooked.

I was sick for several days after I ate them and I am sure I was right. Since then I have talked to several people who had a similar observation. Perhaps they are trying to save money at the customer's expense.

1  Thank lsb13
Reviewed February 14, 2009

The food is very consistent, usually very good. Great selection and seasonal changes are made, so you get something different often. However, the Chef does not like to make substitutions or changes, no matter how minor. It can be very crowded and they have a terrible reservation policy. They overbook, so know you will not get in at the time your reservation is made for, always 20 minutes over. Service is pretty good.

Reviewed January 12, 2009

Creative and exciting menu that changes frequently. Courteous and knowledgeable staff.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 13, 2008

absolutely amazing, change their menu daily,

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook