“Clean plate club!”

Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Swinton and 1st
Description: Thirty Two East opened in 1996 on the site of an old auction house in Delray Beach’s Historic Neighborhood. It was met with instant critical success and has continued to be identified with a distinctive yet approachable menu. 32 East generates a vibrant atmosphere for savoring delicious food, attracting savvy guests and exceptional critical reviews. Chef John Thomas continues in 32 East’s lineage of contemporary American style while innovating with a novel approach all his own. His menu changes daily to accommodate only the freshest seasonal ingredients from around the country. A full service bar and award-winning wine list complement the dining experience.
Suwanee, Georgia
“Clean plate club!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Hubs and I went to our hometown for a day and a half to celebrate our anniversary with dear friends. They convinced us that we had been missing something special in downtown Delray. Indeed we had! 32east was one of the first restaurants in the original restoration plans of downtown Delray Beach (which has now become THE place to be.)

For wine our server, Bryan was incredibly knowledgable. He truly knew great wines to pair with our tastes and he helped us choose off the beaten path.

For dinner we each had something different. I had the small fillet, Hubs had the grouper, one friend had the mahi mahi and our other friend had the sea bass. All were wonderful.

We choose to skip our dessert, but suffice it to say that none of us had anything left to take home. You cannot miss at 32 East, but I would suggest reservations.... No matter what time of year. Delray has truly become the place to enjoy a lovely dinner.

• Visited August 2013

Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“wine problem”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I used to love 32 East and I just can't accept that it isn't a good restaurant anymore. So I keep going back trying to recreate the experience of the first few years. There was a time when 32 East was the best restaurant on the Ave. Those days are long gone. The food still bright spots but it's hit or miss. The place smells musty and the wine is corked.
My last visit was with a client. We had eaten. We both prefer wine so we stopped in for a glass of wine and desert. We tried nearly every wine by the glass in a restaurant that claims to serve excellent wines by the glass. All the wines we tried had been too hot at some point in their lives and tasted like it. It was extra special to be judged an idiot by the bartenders because I didn't like their expensive wine options. An FYI: if you baby your wines by the glass like your bottled wines they will taste better! (I know it seems obvious but 32 East doesn't know this.) Also, why don't you have a Bordeaux by the glass and a Burgundy? Do you have anyone there who actually prefers wine? If you don't have access to an affordable option I can give you several!

I'd like to say I'm disappointed but this kind of thing has become the standard for the 32 East. Fortunately there are loads of great restaurants from which to choose within a few blocks.

• Visited July 2013
Point Manalapan, Florida
“Don't waste time or $ ...strong mold odor too!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

32 East used to be an icon of old Delray. After dining there on a Thursday evening when all other Avenue restaurants were brimming with life-32 was empty and here's why... Wreaked of mold when seated ( we almost left), all dinners were shimmering when served which means glossed with oil. Pricing not worthy of quality.Simply put-no longer the star on Atlantic. Go elsewhere.

• Visited August 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
“July 6th BBQ”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

From the poor choice of aperitif, to the soso port the evening was not good. Too lean spare ribs and tasteless slaw did not help . The just OK appetizers and the good dessert made the evening passable. If not for the sharing of the wines at the table the evening would have been a blight for us.

• Visited July 2013
Boynton Beach, Florida
“One Of the Best In Delray”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I Love this place been here many times bring friends and Clients here. The menu is always different but elegant, and the staff is very good, I have never had a bad meal here.

• Visited June 2013