“Outstanding!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Outstanding!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I feel compelled to write my first restaurant review about 3rd & 3rd.
First - this restaurant is off the beaten path - removed from the "action" on Atlantic- but walking distance from Pineapple Grove. It's in a nondescript white building with no sign outside - just the address - 301. The interior is a large room dominated with a large bar in the center and tables around the bar. An alcove is to the left with sofas and chairs. The room is loud. So the atmosphere is not conducive to intimate dining which belies the quality of the food.
This place is all about the food. A limited menu with just a few appetizers, salads and entrees - printed for the day we were there. We had the grilled halloumi and shrimp & chorizo skewers as appetizers, and red snapper and the short ribs as entrees - each delicious, fresh, & beautifully presented. Portions slightly larger than tapas, just enough to share. The red snapper was extraordinarily fresh. The braised short ribs were flavorful with marinated mushrooms - savory, a tad salty but paired well with a glass of their merlot.
Cocktails were creative and good. I highly recommend their "Sazerac" a blend of Bullit, absinthe, & simple syrup with a twist. Sort of like a sweet bourbon manhattan. Very aromatic! Both wines by the glass - merlot Raymond and chardonnay 7 Falls were excellent. Wines were priced reasonably, but the pours were a bit short. If you plan to have more than one glass each, buy the bottle.
If you have room, try the bread pudding for dessert - a generous portion (enough for 4 people to share) of warm bread pudding slightly browned on the outside - soft and warm inside with fresh figs mixed inside.
Prices were surprisingly reasonable ($5-7 for appetizers; $15 -19 for entrees) given the quality of the food. And the prices on the menu included tax - unusual for restaurants in the area.
No reservations are accepted. Like most Delray restaurants on a Saturday night, the room was packed by 7:30. So plan to arrive by 7 to avoid a wait.

Delray Beach, Florida
“Dogs Allowed Inside”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I ate at this restaurant for the first time last week, and although the food was pretty good (I had the scallops which had been cooked a tad long, but still good), and the waitstaff was friendly, there was one big issue that stood out. The issue I had was that they allowed dogs inside. I'm all for having animals at restaurants, if they are OUTSIDE. Until they change this rule, I don't plan on going back.

3 Thank Julie S
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“my new favorite place”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I saw a small piece in the paper about this place so I had to try it. There were 3 people in our party and we all loved it...from the delicious cocktails and appetizers to our meals and the BEST clan ever!!!!! You must try it! The only questionable issue was that they allow dogs at the bar. I have a dog and love animals but not inside a restaurant.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“I want more!!!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great wine list and selection of craft beers - even if they are in cans. The staff knows what good service means. This was my first time there just for drinks. I observed the diners and decided to try the Black grouper. It was perfectly done and delicious. This is a new spot and they are serious about their decor, atmosphere, drinks, food and service. If they continue what they are doing, I will be a regular patron. One caveat -- use the Clorox the night before so that the smell does not linger while guests are eating and drinking. I had a wonderful afternoon there and I hope they keep it up!! Love the sofas too!

Delray Beach, Florida
“Finally, this space is now home to a true gem.”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

After many have come and gone from this location, 3rd and 3rd got it right. Great food, service and bar scene. This spot is long overdue in Delray,

Visited April 2013