“highly recommend and return to visit”

Hyatt Place Delray Beach
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“highly recommend and return to visit”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We enjoyed our five nights in February 2014. The service was outstanding and the staff were
helpful.friendly and knowledgeable. The hotel was very clean, well lit and modern. They were very attentive to hotel guests,breakfast may be more enjoyable if extended to 10 AM .
Special thanks to Nick and rosario. Your kindness and courtesy were amazing with true hospitality..We send many thanks!
Sharon and Bill

Room Tip: close proximity to pool and hot tub.... frequent visit is a must
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Turkish first
East Hampton, New York
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were there 1/29/14-2/12/14. You can't ask for a better location. So convenient. One block off Atlantic Avenue with great shops and restaurants. Nice modern rooms, great maid service, great free breakfast, nice bar, nice pool, a laundromat on the 4th floor and the friendliest staff you'd ever meet. They all couldn't be nicer. Especially Matt who helped in the breakfast room. He'd always remember when he saw me that I wanted a tray to take up to my room and had it ready for me. And best of all a very fair nightly rate for this time of year. My husband and I can't wait to come back. Great 2 weeks at the Hyatt!!! They make you feel at home!

Room Tip: I'd say any room would be good. All so clean and no noise whatsoever.
2 Thank SharonGillmanLeff
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed with my young son in this establishment. The reception staff were welcoming and friendly and offered our friends a parking space in the garage for a few hours, which was nice. I was very impressed with the size of the room, it had 2 huge beds and lots of space, decor was simple and modern.

We went to the bar area with our friends and ordered bar food. It took a while to come and then they forgot basics like cutlery and napkins. A band was playing that night and they were really entertaining.

Had a good nights sleep and breakfast was served in an area near the bar and foyer. Although hot/warm it was under heat lamps which dried the food out a bit, but there was a good variety of cold items, cereals fruit etc.
The next evening I ordered nachos, my sons favourite. I ordered beef and got chicken but was told that even though it was room service I had to come and collect it from downstairs because they were too busy to bring it up??? I asked them to change it as it was incorrect and they brought the correct item to the room but once again forgot napkins.

on check out I had been charged for the parking, when I didn't have a car it was my friends and had to battle a little to get the charge removed.

Its unfortunate that we didn't get the beach as it rained the 2 days we were there, but there was a free shuttle that ran along the main street to and from the beach.

Close by there are lots of eateries in everyones price range and shops and lovely boutiques.

For the price it was good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay. Was in for five nights in January. Very friendly and helpful staff, particularly at the bar. The only disappointment we had was one morning the breakfast was not well done. Shortage of bowls, food and coffee. You could still get everything, you just had to wait. Other than that one morning, our stay was excellent. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff W
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was my second stay at the Hyatt Place Delray. It is just blocks from Atlantic Ave. and all the restaurants and shops, and smack in the middle of the newer, hipper "arts" district. Very clean, nice modern rooms (beds could have been a little more comfortable, but not bad), very helpful staff, onsite bar and snacks available. Breakfast is included and is basic, but good. Definitely more of a business hotel than a family stay, but that was a plus for us. We will definitely stay again.

Green Features: Very good -- Towels and sheets are changed upon request. Recycling bins available in room.
1 Thank shayes2013
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I will typically stay at a Hyatt Place if available. This Hyatt Place is not up to par with any of the others I have stayed at. The evening before we arrived at this Hyatt Place, we stayed at the Hyatt Place in Sarasota. There is a world of difference between these two locations.

First, the good. This is a very nice location to stay at. Close to everything on Atlantic Avenue and we were easily able to walk to the beach from this location (about a mile). The bar in the lobby is lively and has a very nice happy hour which appeared to be well attended each evening. Adequate Wi-Fi. There are computers with printers in the lobby for guests to use. This hotel practices being environmentally friendly in that you have the option of reusing your towels and of having bed linens changed every 3 days vs. each day.

The bad. The housekeeping at this Hyatt is sloppy. We never knew what to expect when we would arrive back to our room. The bathroom was not very clean. We had to ask for our air conditioner to be fixed -- it never did work properly. We also had to ask for a working hair dryer and a clean ironing board cover. To their credit, they did provide me with both. For breakfast each morning, we often had to sift through the dishes and utensils to find something clean. Service and cleanliness just do not appear to be a priority.

It appeared that there was mainly young people doing all of the work here. Our room cleaners were all young ladies. The young ladies who were working the breakfast area also were the ones who checked us out at departure. The gentleman who checked us in was also very young. The young employees seem to wear many hats, maybe too many.

We also had a billing issue which took more than one phone call and more than one visit to the front desk to remedy. PAY ATTENTION to your bills.

There is a daily fee to self park which is common for this area.

We travel to this area for business on a frequent basis. This was our first stay at this location. We will probably stay elsewhere from now on.

It would not take much effort to make this a GREAT travel experience. The property is new and in a great location. With some attention to detail and cleanliness standards, this property could quickly be elevated from a poor to an excellent experience.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank WisKim
Robert C, Manager at Hyatt Place Delray Beach, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I would like to thank you for staying with us here at Hyatt Place and apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay. Please know that the housekeeping problems that you mentioned are not acceptable as part of the Hyatt brand. We have since taken steps to correct these problems. We hope that you will give Hyatt Place Delray Beach another chance the next time your travels call for a visit to the Delray Beach area. Please contact me directly at bobby.copeland@hyatt.com the next time you are planning your visit and I will be happy to personally make your reservations for you.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past year, and each time it has been great.The room and barhroom are very spacious and clean. Every morning you are able to have coffee,tea and breakfast in the lobby (A good perk). The best thing about the hotel is the location!!! The hotel is a minute walk to Atlantic Ave.(downtown Delray) where there are great restaurants and shops. This hotel is not a resort hotel,but nonetheless a great place to stay and in the thick of a busy downtown!!! I'll be back again soon.

4 Thank maxine s
Thank you for your visit to the Hyatt Place Delray Beach. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the location of our hotel fit your needs. We look forward to your next visit to Hyatt Place Delray Beach.