“Surprisingly GREAT!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Delray Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
“Surprisingly GREAT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is only 9 Months old. First, staff greats with a real pleasant smile. Rooms are spacious, comfortable beds, wide shower, and easy access to hookup HDMI to TV for iPad.

So let's get to why I rate them so high. I experience back pain that hindered my movements. Without knowing Tessa was staff, I asked her if she could back my car out of the tight spot because of my lack of mobility. She did with a smile and it was no problem. Next morning I had to go to Emergency room for back. Upon my return, each person that I encountered on staff offered to help me in any way possible. If I needed something, they'd bring it to my room.

So, facilities are excellent. Rooms are spacious and comfy. And people service is EXCELLENT.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Craig M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Turkish first
Stockholm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I chose this hotel to make a business visit in Delray Beach Florida. It is newly built and there is no surprise that the interiors are very fresh and stylish. The hotel is located one block away from Atlantic Avenue and within (European) walking distance from the ocean. There is street parking available, however I chose to use their indoor parking structure for an additional 15 USD/day.
My room was very spacious, had a fairly large seating area with a couch, an empty refrigerator for own use, a desk and a stylish bathroom with shower only. My only remark is that the rooms lack in-room safes, something I now days consider mandatory for hotels who wish to be in the upper middle segments as travellers todays brings a lot of expensive gadgets on the road.
Be aware that this hotel hosts live music events some days, going on until midnight. As I had a morning meeting on a Saturday, I was glad I had a room on the fourth (top) floor so I could go to bed early on a Friday. I did not investigate if this really would have been a problem on lower floors, but I did notice the music though my room was not immediately above.
The breakfast buffet does not cater for a lot of variety however more than sufficient if it’s a breakfast you need. The hot items are limited to some French toast and other sandwiches with ham, cheese and similar.
Would I stay there again, yes most definitely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LabanTheGhost
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife, my two adult kids and myself spent two nights over the Jul/4 Holiday this year and had a wonderful time.

The hotel is clean and comfortable. The location is perfect and right there, a few steps away from Atlantic Blvd where the heart of the shops, art galleries and restaurants are. They also offer a free daily buffet breakfast that was quite well stocked with warm dishes and a great selection of breakfast items, coffees and teas and a weekday happy hour with half price on drinks and appetizers.

They provided daily parking for a fee or if you are lucky like we were, we found a free spot on the streets and because of the hotels great location, we parked the car on Wednesday when we checked in and left it right there until we checked out on Friday. We walked everywhere from the hotel. The beach was a decent walk but very doable as we did it three times during our two day stay. This was as wonderful stay and would repeat without hesitation.

2 Thank agarneau
North Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My rating of this hotel is heavily weighted on three factors: 1) The hotel is very new and therefore everything is clean and the decor is modern and very pleasing 2) The rooms and beds are comfortable and a little different than the standard cookie cutter hotel room 3) I did a prepaid room and got a discounted rate because of an extended stay ($101 per night) which is a competitive rate for the location and amenities such as the free breakfast. That being said, there are some annoying aspects that need to be mentioned. 1) In addition to the $15 per day parking fee which I find reasonable for the area and it was clearly disclosed.....they failed to tell me about the $30 per day charge for "amenities" that was placed on my credit card at check in, a total of $210 for my 7 day stay. Now keep in mind, I had already pre-paid over $700 for the room so the hotel had virtually no exposure on my bill. 2) The front desk people are also the Starbuck's coffee makers, sandwich makers and food delivery people. This is a non-traditional lobby situation where the staff are referred to as "Gallery Managers." The problem is that when the hotel is mostly full, they are spread very thin and you have to wait for everything. 20-30 minutes to get a sandwich, 10-15 minutes to get a new room key, etc. The people were mostly friendly, but the service is definitely not ideal. 3) The staff in general don't seem to have sufficient knowledge of things they should. For example, it took one gallery manager 3 tries to find me a room with a bathtub. He finally had his associate go look at a room. I think the desk should know what amenities are in each room. I asked two housekeeping staff if there were any other laundry facilities besides the one on the 4th floor. One told me they had a laundry on each floor, while the other told me only on 2nd floor. They were cleaning rooms on 4th floor, just doors away from the laundry room....the only one in the hotel. 4) The free breakfast is a decent deal, not the best but certainly on par with Holiday Inn Express and others. But the staff cannot keep up with the crowd and the coffee is frequency empty with people waiting and for some reason, they put globs of mayonnaise on the egg sandwiches which is just awful. 5) Keep in mind this is a beach resort hotel and be prepared for lots of heavy drinking and partying at the pool, in the lobby / bar, and the associated noise as people make their way back to the rooms at 1AM. Not any different than any other resort hotel with lots of people letting loose on vacation. What is different here is that because of the staff being spread thin, they are a lot slower to react to situations that are getting a bit out of hand. Thus, the pool had to be closed for several hours one day while they cleaned broken glass from a beer bottle leftover from the party the night before that got too wild. 6) The fridge in my room was not working and after 4 hours my bottled water was still room temperature. The maintenance guy responded quickly after I reported the problem, but his statement that "you know, these are just cheap refrigerators and it is what it is" was not what I wanted to hear. Similarly, the front desk person was caught off guard when I asked to get change for $5 so I could use the washing machine. After 10 minutes, trips to two cash drawers and the back room, I got my change. But come on...am I the first person to need quarters to do my wash??
In conclusion, I think the hotel is a nice property, reasonably priced for the location with some rough edges that should be worked out by now and need to get fixed. Management needs to teach and demand that staff pay attention to the details for this hotel to really shine. I will stay here again, but hope that things run better.

Room Tip: The rooms with two queens are a little larger.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pine1144
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

During a visit to Delray Beach, we stayed at the Hyatt Place. We often try find a Hyatt Place, no matter where we go. This was our first time at this location, and it did not fail to provide a nice, safe, clean atmosphere, that we have come to expect at HP. I just hope that they conitinue to invest money back into all their location. HYATT PLACE ROCKSSSSSSS..

Room Tip: Great Price, Clean rooms, Very Nice Lobby to hang out it..
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is great! My family and I stayed here for our family reunion and had rooms all together. The staff is very accommodating and the great breakfast isn't bad either. The rooms are large and even has a refrigerator. Just know the walk to the beach is about 15-20 minutes away. The roof top pool and jacuzzi was great as well.

On the last night though, coming back from a late dinner, a night manager questioned/threatened to see if we were actually hotel guest and "come check our room & see your room key" to see if we were really guests. We had stayed for 5 + days. Hopefully his rude attitude can be checked elsewhere.

Other than that, my family had a great time here.

2 Thank hiviho
Robert C, Manager at Hyatt Place Delray Beach, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us during your family reunion. We are happy to see that you and your family enjoyed the time together here at the hotel.

I would like to apologize regarding the inconvenience of the night manager questioning you about your stay with us. Although security is one of our top priorities, verifying guest information for security reasons, in the way you mentioned our staff did, is not an acceptable procedure. I would like to discuss this incident with you more in detail so that we can make changes to ensure that this type of incident does not happen again in the future. Please contact me by emailing me at bobby.copeland@hyatt.com or by phone at (561) 330-3530. On behalf of the entire team here we would like to thank you for staying with us here at Hyatt Place Delray Beach. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel was absolutely fabulous. Nice location to all the restaurants and shops on the Ave and great amenities. The only down side was with our room location. We were on the 2nd floor near the pool and fitness room doors. They would be constantly slammed and it was at all hours of the day and night. The hotel is non smoking but it still smelled of smoke due to the pool and people disposing of cigarette butts in the trashcan inside. The room we were in was next to a family traveling with a canine companion, but although we knew about the dog and didn't mind, the dog kept us up all night. I would have given this an excellent review but due to those things I couldn't. I compliment the staff highly as our toilet in our room needed to be fixed about 7 times. According to the staff this was the first time it has happened, and they went out of their way to make us more comfortable and accommodate us. A great place to stay, and the breakfast and happy hour is awesome! Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool are noisy and if you don't want to hear dogs, ask for a room not near a canine...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple