Crane’s Beach House Boutique Hotel & Luxury Villas
  • Breakfast included
Sundy House(Delray Beach)
Parliament Inn(Delray Beach)
View Hotel
Wright by the Sea(Delray Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchentropical paradisecontinental breakfastone bedroom suiteatlantic avenuekey westno worriestropical feelhidden treasuretiki hutyogurtquicheshops and restaurantssouth floridatwo blocksdowntown delraythe main drag
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2009

When I find a place that is special, I sometimes keep it to myself so it doesn't become too popular and make it hard for me to book in the future.   This is one of those places.  We booked it through our American Express rewards points and took a chance.   What a find!   I love places that are not your typical place and Cranes Beachhouse is just that.   It is so non-descript from the road that you can not tell what is behind that big hedge.   But once inside it is a little paradise...funky....Key West and the Carribbean rolled into one.  The service was top notch and so were all the amenities.  Where else are there frozen parfaits in the freezer should you have an urge before bed?  And the decor of their rooms is done so well, I loved all the touches.  To top it off, it was not beach weather (other than for walking or sitting and only a block away), but the pool was warm and lounge chairs were inviting.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Avalonavalon
Reviewed February 18, 2009

We loved the Crane's Beach House. The Inn is close to the main strip on Alantic Avenue but two blocks away so it is nice and quiet. The grounds are set up like a small rainforest walk with trees, sand and two small pools. They were unable to accomodate us in a second floor room so they upgraded us to a suite which was very roomy and quite comfortable. Large king bed, two TVs, nice little amenities like chocolates. The front desk was very friendly, allowed us to take towels to the beach after we had already checked out. Nice plate of cookies upon check in. Only small downsides, the rooms are not carpeted, instead the have tile floors, guess due to proximity to beach and also breakfast a bit lacking, no fresh fruit and only some prepackaged pastries and cereal.

All in all, we had a great stay and would visit again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DavidHaup
Reviewed February 1, 2009

We had just cancelled our remaining nights at the Delray Marriott due to the dark and gloomy conditions of our suite. Well Crane's was such a pleasant surprise. Nestled among dark lush foliage this gem was such a wonderful little getaway in Downtown Delray. I've been travelling to Delray for over 30 years and did not know about this Property. The pools were great and heated to perfection. The whole atmosphere was just something that one needs to experience. The Suite was amazing. The only issue we had was that there was garbage that was never cleaned out of the room (empty beer bottles and wrappers of food) and the kitchen could have been a little more cleaner. We had also put up our Do Not Disturb sign and the cleaning service just ignored it, we had to shoo them out. Other than that, though, the staff was wonderful and the place is a great getaway.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
islandgirl33, General Manager at Crane’s Beach House Boutique Hotel & Luxury Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent feedback and compliments about our tropical resort in Delray Beach FL. We are delighted you were pleasantly surprised with our resort and hope you will help us spread the word to your friends and family! We are at times called the "Best Kept Secret in Delray." But to my surprise you caught me off guard with the remark about the cleanliness of our suites. As you can see from previous guest reviews we have been noted quite often as one of the cleanest hotels by many. As soon as I read your remarks I was concerned. We have a three point check system at our resort that begins upon checkout. When a new guest is expected our policy is to "Arrive" the suite. Our team has a checklist and goes into the room prior to your arrival to turn on the lights, fans and music channel as well as check the room to allow for a pleasant experience upon your arrival. Again prior to arrival the front desk team also inspects the room and checks that it was "Arrived" for you. At check in the agent walks you to your guest room and enters with you to assure you are welcomed. Our team takes pride in providing the highest standards of guest service in the industry. The three point system is in place to compliment our bright and unique decor as well as helping you feel right at home at Crane's. After further investigating your posting I found our checklist from housekeeping for your suite. I noticed our team documented the No Service request both days while you were staying with us. They were never given the opportunity to service your room the entire time you stayed with us. They did note they made a mistake on the first day and did not notice the No Service sign but you quickly asked them not to service it. I apologize on their behalf for entering your room while the No Service sign was posted. Please let me assure you it is not typical of our team to make such mistakes. We would like to offer a special invitation to come back soon to experience our tropical resort and allow us to make up for the mistake. I can assure you that the kitchen and the entire room in every suite are very clean as I personally inspect them as well every week. We look forward to seeing you again really soon in sunny Delray Beach.
Warmest Regards,
Cathy Balestriere

Reviewed December 8, 2008

This place is too cute for words. It has a real Key West type atmosphere. Little paths, beautiful landscape, music playing, two small pools, tiki bars, little backyard sitting areas for first floor rooms. Just wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mahjonggtraveler
Reviewed September 30, 2008

If there was one word to describe this oasis it would be PERFECT ! The staff, Lori, Erin Michelle,Marlon,Jason,Jessie,everyone was so courteous and helpful. They even ordered a pizza for me and picked it up for delivery to my room. The grounds are kept in impeccable condition. The rooms are spacious and clean. Not one thing out of place. If you are looking for the escape to a place that is clean quiet and comfy, then Cranes Beach House is the place! Five Star in my book.......

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank supersets1