“My visit to Del Ray 6/8/13”

J&J Seafood Bar and Grill
Ranked #11 of 412 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My visit to Del Ray 6/8/13”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My brother and sister in-law raved about this restaurant. They have been there several times. So on my visit from Philadelphia to Del Ray we decided to stop by. The Oysters were fresh and plentiful and my sister really enjoyed the Gazpacho soup (kudos for the presentation of the soup!). Though the place is small so you cannot help that it is a bit loud. The restaurant seemed to have a strong following. I must say that I was disappointed in the crab cakes as they seemed to be mostly filler. I expected some jumbo lump crab meat since they are considered a seafood restaurant. My sister had Grouper for her entree and said it was just ok. Grouper is usually a mild fish and this seemed to have a strong taste. My brother and sister in law seemed to enjoy their dinners. The Turkey chili was tasty! Our server was attentive and our meals came in a reasonable amount of time.

• Visited June 2013

“Great local spot”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We travel quite a bit to South Florida & had never stopped at J&J. If you want great seafood with a wonderful twist, this is the place. We had raw oysters, the seafood soup & a mahi wrap that was great. Prices are reasonable & servers are attentive & friendly. Plan to stop by & visit. We stopped twice in 5 days in town!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rkvbeach
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place was excellent. The food was fresh and inventive. The server was attentive without hovering. Our reserved table was waiting for us when we arrived. I highly recommend this restaurant .

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mjacobs852
Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant in Delray”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Deciding to celebrate the last day of our vacation with a seafood extravaganza we couldn't have been more pleased to have chosen J and J Seafood on Atlantic Ave. The service by Dustin was attentive but not overly so, and the food was the best of our entire trip! The fresh oysters with a cucumber and watermelon salsa were light and delicious while my sweet chili soup, rich with tender beef and roasted corn fresh off the cob was a perfect mix of spicy goodness.

I had the house special - sauteed scallops on a spinach risotto and my husband enjoyed the J and J Seafood trio - a delightful stack of shrimp, scallop and crab cake on a puree of roasted beet. We both thought we had almost certainly died and gone to heaven.

A crisp Italian Pinot Grigio complemented my meal perfectly.

The space was cool and breezy, local art graced the walls and I imagine the patio would be fun in the evening. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Delray Beach. A winner!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank DumpyGrace
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Excellent Raw Bar”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Gulf Coast Oysters are really fresh and tasty. At $12 for a "bakers dozen", the price isn't bad either. My wife had the pan fried oysters with roasted corn salsa ($12) and the roasted beet salad ($10), both of which were excellent. I opted for the fresh mahi mahi on a herb tortilla (really, really fresh!) with a light sauce together with a side of hand-cut fries (outstanding) and cole slaw ($13).

We were there for a very early dinner, so service was outstanding. The only fly in the ointment was a surprise price of $11/glass when the bill came for our order of house chardonnay. They gave us some unacceptable explanation about being out of the house brand. Our protests quickly resulted in a downward adjustment, but this should never have happened.

Summary: excellent food, reasonable prices, good service. This is a VERY small restaurant, so reserve a place if you go during crowded hours.

• Visited April 2013