All reviews natural pool sunday brunch is crab legs fish pedicure carving station beautiful tropical nice table outside seating water features couple blocks del ray beach live music atlantic avenue downtown delray old florida few blocks gazebo
Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you want a total different experience, you have to try Sundy House. You feel like you are in a forest with all the 1,000 kinds of plants that surrounds the place, plus you can submerge in the natural and fresh pool and have a pedicure from the fish. We had the Sunday brunch and it was superb. You are walking distance from downtown Delray with all different types of food and a mile from the beach.
This is one of my faves Florida spots.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

three of us went to sunday house recently for dinner. we go there for special occasions. unless the chef changes or the menu changes we will not be going back. the food was way to upscale for our liking. we all three agreed that we loved the sundy house the way it used to be. i made a birthday party for my cousin there 3 years ago and it was stupendous. the place is awesome but the food is so pretentious that none of us enjoyed it. we did not sleep there. i am sure the rooms are wonderful. just pass on dinner.

Room Tip: we just had dinner and did not stay there. i would love to stay there as it is a beautiful place.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The tripadvisor ratings seemed to be good at a glance, but later I realized that most of them pertained to the hotel gardens, and the dining.

We checked into room 8. Not a friendly room. Not decorated to be welcoming and not a scrap of fabric on the floor. Not even a doormat. In the morning, I put the shower mat alongside the bed so my wife’s first contact with the floor wouldn’t be harsh and cold. Visibly cheap (unmatched) furnishings, the cheapest bi-fold doors, an outdated bulky TV and window blinds which were filled with dirt particles and not working. There were cables and wires stretched out in all directions on the floor, and so many plugs in one socket that we assumed it must be a code violation. The bathroom was a good size but the layout was badly done – all the shelving was at the opposite end to the washbasin with nowhere to put anything near the washbasin.

Read on - we went out for dinner 2 blocks away on Swinton. I had accidentally tripped across the “questionable” neighborhood area just a couple of blocks away from the hotel prior to arriving, so I asked reception if it was safe for us to walk back after dark. We were assured it was. We came back around 10pm, after dark. As we turned the corner, we saw two unsavory individuals stretched all across the sidewalk about 50 yards along Swinton Avenue. So we crossed the street to the hotel side. Then those two guys got up from the sidewalk, crossed the street and came after us. They were catching us up very rapidly, but we sped up so as to be able to make our turn into the hotel. They stopped and watched us from behind the trees and bushes by the sidewalk. It alarmed me, but it terrified my wife.

We then went back to the room. It was then we noticed the feeble catch-lock on the back door of the unit which immediately connected with the side street. The security at the back (where it’s most needed) was non-existent. This hotel visit was rapidly becoming a nightmare for us. So we stacked some chairs in front of the door.

Then to bed. The metal vent on the air-conditioning return was vibrating and making plenty of noise. I got up, released the catches, and let it hang down. And just my luck, the person in the room upstairs decided to thump around for an hour. There was equipment outside the back door (not sure if it was pool equipment or a/c compressors) but it was far too loud in the middle of the night. So I fell asleep at 1am and woke (permanently) at 3.48am.

In the morning, I mentioned the alarming street encounter to the girl at reception, and she clinched it for me – she told me that “we know people pass here going to the neighborhood you’re talking about, but we can’t help the location of the hotel.” I wanted to change the sign to Fawlty Towers. After that response, there was nothing more that needed to be said.

The price was far too much. The Hyatt Place, only slightly further from Swinton than Sundy, was the same price that night. If only we'd stayed there.

Room Tip: Don't let them give you Room 8. But maybe they're all the same quality...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NickandHarriet
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Gorgeous gardens that go on and on around a charming in. With great rooms. Sunday brunch is one of the best anywhere with everything- all kinds of seafood - including Alaska king crab - filet - entree style chicken and fish - as well as the usual omelettes, sweets, etc. And mimosas, bellinis, and bloody Mary's are included. A wonderful spot.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were traveling and came here for dinner with some local friends who have been wanting to dine here for a while.

THe ambiance is lovely. The service and staff are superior, verrrrrry friendly. The food --preparation, presentation and taste were a "foodie's delight"!!!

They were running a summer special where the wine bottles were 1/2 price and there were several bottles that were also on a $36 special, as well as 3 glass flights, served in large balloon glasses (of lovely white or rose, or grenach) wines for $10!!!. These wines could the same (or changed with food as the meal progressed) with a 3 or 4 course tasting menu that was fresh, different, visually enticing and wonderful on the palate. It was an OUTSTANDING meal and the value (because of the tasting special) was exceptional.

The only drawback (and this was not related to the food) was that their web site needed to be updated as it did NOT promote these specials, so unless you were a regular, a local or were fortunate enough to come in and see it you'd never know. In terms of our meal, the food, the wine and the staff support, we could not have asked for a nicer evening.

A chuckle for us was the optional "Special Good Water" (as opposed to Florida Tap water) that was served (@2.50 per glass -unlimited refills) & delivered to our table in fresh, chilled, labeled glass jugs. It happened to be really nice. Never had that happen before. Realize I am not complaining.

Be prepared to pay a $5 valet fee as you pull into their entrance. Parking on the street is a premium. However paying for valet parking seems to be typical fare for Delray Beach Fl.

There is also a nice bar setting where you can enjoy and have additional fare/specials.
Their new chief is certainly making this a repeat culinary destination for those who are able to get here.
LOVELY, LOVELY, LOVELY.