All reviews natural pool sunday brunch is crab legs fish pedicure carving station beautiful tropical nice table outside seating water features couple blocks del ray beach live music atlantic avenue downtown delray old florida few blocks gazebo
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had seen a brief segment on Sundy House on the travel channel and were intrigued by the fresh water swimming pool with fish. Before we arrived I wondered if we really could swim with the fish--YES you can and it is fun! The hotel is set in a beautiful garden that was lush with fruit and flowers when we were there in July. There were ripe star fruit, bananas and mangos everywhere! We missed the garden tour they offer but would really make an effort to catch it next time. Don't miss the small wading pool where the little fish will give you a pedicure! My daughter said, "I just love a fishy pedicure!" We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite that was nicely themed and furnished. The lower living area had a dining area, a living area with large screen tv, and a full kitchen with a breakfast bar. Upstairs were 2 bedrooms and baths with very nice linens, robes and toiletries. The beds were really comfortable and we slept so well in our secret garden. The continental breakfast offered daily was really a nice spread with different breads, bagels, fruit, cereals, eggs and bacon. Our room had an umbrella which would have been very useful had we remembered to take it with us the stormy afternoon we walked Atlantic Avenue. We were less than a block away from Atlantic Avenue where there were MANY nice restaurants and shops. The beach was about a mile from the hotel and would have been walkable, but they also offer shuttle. If you stay in the 2 bedroom suite, we left behind our beach umbrella because we couldn't take it on the plane..enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2011

my husband and i completely fell in love with the sundy house when we visited. it offers a beautiful tropical garden setting and a freshwater pool with fish in it. there are mango and banana trees and sometimes two macaws wandering around. we ate a "trial meal" to see how we liked it, and wound up getting married here in may and staying in one of the rooms. the decor in the rooms varies a lot, so whether you like the room you're given may depend on your taste (we had a room with a suspended bed, sort of a seaside theme - it was interesting!) the food is good, the service is good. HOWEVER, if you are planning to stay over the weekend be warned that this is an extraordinarily popular venue for weddings and events - we visited multiple weekends during the wedding planning process and there was ALWAYS a wedding or another event going on. they do end fairly early (10 or 11pm) and they tend to be smaller weddings but just be prepared that it may not be the tranquil, isolated paradise on a friday or saturday night that you might be hoping for.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank juicebox1234
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My husband and I just stayed here for a 2 day get away. The room we had was nice, although we had issues with the A/C. The gardens are amazing as is the pool. It is fresh water and there are fish in it that swim as you do. The breakfast was brought to our room each morning and was yummy and plentiful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank annehinds
Reviewed June 16, 2011

First of all the Sundy House has a great setting with a lot of nature and an original design. The pool features live fish and blends in naturally of the whole setting. There is a lot to see and it is like a small botanical garden. The rooms are nice and fit to the overall setting, everything was perfectly clean. The buffet breakfast featured a wide variety of foods including fresh fruit. Service was outstanding and people very friendly. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2011

read great reviews and grounds were amazing- mango trees- banana trees- fantastic gardens- little fish in the pool/lagoon, but I was willing to accept the "charm" of that. our room- # 7- was small and dark but, ok. The woman at check-in was friendly but said that no larger rooms were available.The trouble started on our way back to the room at nite when my husband asked the front desk about getting a bottle of water (none in the in-room frig) and he was told that a glass of water would cost him $8.00 but that he could walk three blocks to the local bodega (which he did). when he returned with the waters, he found my son and I in the room, staring at a huge 'palmetto bug' , i.e, a monster cockroach, walking the floor, way too near the bed. Well, it was much too big to crush with my shoe so I dropped a plate onto it and was surprised the thing didn't just lift it off of itself! I called the front desk and was asked if i wanted them to send someone in to kill/remove it. I was told that they are surrounded by gardens and that gardens yield bugs but that this happens rarely. I was told earlier in the day that no other (larger,second floor) rooms were available but when my husband told them we'd be leaving they offerred us half off our rate or another room (that hadn't been there before) Upon learning that the damn things fly, we decided that we couldn't sleep with both eyes closed without moving to the marriott!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank chilemom1
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Sundy House, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Sundy House. While you had an appreciation for the lovely grounds and gardens we do apologize your experience was less than perfect. It is our goal to provide guests with a memorable experience as well as enjoyment of the services and amenities. Your comments are important to us and will be shared with the appropriate departments. We would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Kind regards,