“Consistently good”

Panera Bread
Ranked #167 of 433 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed October 15, 2013

As I've mentioned my brother & I were in Florida (moving our mom to a nursing home) for a month. We had to check out as many restaurants as we could (and we seemed to always be hungry)(maybe it was the stress?). We visited the Delray Beach and also Boynton Beach Panera Bread places - I loved the autumn squash soup! Real comfort food. Their salads were delicious and, of course, so is their bread. We found the staff in both restaurants to be courteous & helpful.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Not as good as my Panera up North. I had the same experience with the counter person yelling, "Next", when I was right in front of her. But I like to give people the benefit. Maybe they are told that if someone is not sure what they want to not keep the others waiting. OK< but it doesnt feel like they understand that the customers are real people. It just seems like a rote process. I have not had this experience in other Paneras. I got no choice of side with my sandwith, just chips which I dont like. Same great sandwich though. I got a water bottle and wanted to share it with someone else but there were no cups out. I understand if you must request something like that, but the Paneras I am more used to have more things out to make dining there easier. When I went to pick up my order I was a bit confused because there were a bunch of sandwiches up on the counter and I didnt want to take the wrong one. The worker seemed annoyed with my question. There seems to be a general impatience running rampant there.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I live in Delray Beach so it seems silly to pass by this location to drive to the Boca or Boynton Panera Bread but I do when I have time because the experience at the Delray Beach Panera Bread can be so awful. Here is an example:

Cashier Lindsay yells out, "Next person in line please" when I am standing in front of her -- Lindsay obviously sees me and there is not another person on line or standing near me.

During the uncomfortable task of placing my order (eye rolling, huffing and puffing), I explained to Lindsay that my last order did not have pickles. Lindsay replied that the counter-people always put a pickle with each of the sandwiches. I crossed my fingers. In placing my order, I requested apples as a side but received chips. Thankfully I checked and rectified this before leaving the store.

Upon arriving at my office, (you guessed it) I found no pickle spears, even though Lindsay assured me that the counter-people always put a pickle with the sandwiches.

My order was for two turkey sandwiches - one sandwich had almost no turkey at all, the other had an acceptable amount. Almost $14 and no pickle spears.

I have spoken to the manager on duty on many occasions -- one fellow is extremely nice and tries his best to make sure the order is correct. The younger female manager is surly and seems angry all the time.

This restaurant is consistently dirty -- tables and bathrooms are not attended to even before the lunch rush. I see new cashiers and counter people all the time. I'm not sure what is going on...but until management gets this location under control, you may want to consider one of the many other food choices in Delray Beach.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The staff at this Panera always strike me as being very unhappy in their jobs. The way they speak to the clients and each other truly shows that they just aren't a team. A pity - as people come for the food - but it's nice to face a pleasant hello. (We are regulars here)

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Food is good ! Bathroom dirty ! Told people before about bathroom ! Cashier Danielle must know that out there are planty young girls who would love to have job !!! I won't go back to this location !