“Good view. Very good food.”

50 Ocean at Boston's on the Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
50 Ocean at Boston's on the Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 415 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue
Description: Breathtaking ocean views await you at Delray Beach"s premier oceanfront dining spot. The spectacular renovations(former home of Boston's Upperdeck) have raised the bar in upscale, casual dining. Delight in our freshly prepared island inspired creations, using the freshest of ingredients from the land and sea. Enjoy a signature cocktail or choose an offering from our bountiful list of wines. Our personable and knowledgeable staff take great pleasure in making certain your visit is a most memorable experience. Don't forget to check your lunar calendar and join us for a romantic moon rise!
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The renovated second floor at Boston's is quite nice but the new arrangement limits the al fresco dining with a view overlooking the ocean. There are inside tables with an ocean view but those outside with a good view are quite limited. Many of us mourn the loss of a unique dining atmosphere. That having been said, our lunch experience there was very good. The service was friendly and prompt. The Skillet Calamari appetizer was uniquely tasty and the Warm Gorgonzola Steak Salad was, as always, delicious.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I like the old Bostons better, but 50 Ocean is much fancier. The views are fantasitc Lunch food was pretty good, and the Bloody Mary was tasty. Service was good and the waitress was friendly.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Located above Boston's on the beach. A large, well done setting with a huge bar in the middle. Plenty of outdoor seating. The restaurant is a bit pricy. Good serves and a nice well priced wine list.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Just had amazing lobster salads on the roof top, above Boston on the Beach in Delray. 50 Ocean has a finesse that downstairs does not. On the patio you can see the waves and catch a breeze. The inside is a designer showcase with a Hemingway corner, a private room with maps of Cuba on one wall and wine in a glass wall on the other side. The smashing success was the dessert of real beignets filled with custard under a real compote of warm blueberries and jam like it oozed out of a pie with thick whipped cream. Even New Orleans can't do this dessert. It takes 20 minutes and costs $8, but you will never forget how it swims in your stomach. It is also quieter on the patio making it more romantic.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I find that as I'm writing this I am torn on how to rate 50 Ocean. My wife and I made reservations with friends to dine upstairs. Not knowing that Boston's had done a major overhaul of the restaurant by changing the sports bar type dining upstairs to a casual upscale restaurant, we were in for a new experience. There's no doubt that the ambience and decor of 50 Ocean is top notch. On the inside classy and clean with a romantic air about it. But we decided to sit outdoors on the southside balcony that gave you a partial view of the ocean.
For a Saturday evening it was pretty empty. We were greeted by very friendly wait staff. First climpse of the menu was pricey. $24-$39 meals $8 and up on glasses of wine and $10-$16 appetizers. As we waited for our meals we noticed the Sand Bar lounge down below, (also owned by Boston's). Talk about a mood killer! The music was to loud to really enjoy the outdoor atmostsphere. It took about 40 minutes for the meal to come out. The waitress kept coming by and apologizing for the wait because it was a new menu. My thoughts were," It was so slow I can only immagine what a busy nights wait may have been like."
My friends had the sesame crusted ahi tuna, my wife had the citrus marinated salmon and I had the waygu beef skirt steak. The presentation of the meal was attractive. (What I call designer food, everything strategically placed on the plate for a stunning visual effect.) My friends raved about the eh tuna as they commented that it was the best they ever had. My wife related that the salmon was very good as well. Unfortunately, I was the only one that was not impressed. The skirt steak was very small with mash potatoes and vegetables. The $34 price tag was something that I would expect more from. My dinner was nothing to write home about. The steak lacked flavor as if it was just thrown on the grill without seasoning. The mash potatoes with vegetables.....well again nothing to brag about. I was pleased that my wife and friends enjoyed their meals. But with the disappointing outdoor atmosphere, the wait time for the meal and the price tag,($160), you would expect a bit more. I think 50 Ocean is going to need to make some adjustments to make this an attractive dinning venue. But for now it's just average.